Chapter 61

Harry

My eyes are focused on nothing in particular, a loud sound of the plane propellers filling the air, my muscles tensed, a heavy pressure settled in my chest.  I'm seated on the seats lined against the plane sides, facing Louis, Niall, Liam, and Zayn who are sitting in front of me, studying me cautiously. My body still aches, faded bruises and healing wounds all over it. But I don't care, I don't care about any of it.  The moment Lia came to give me the news about Elena, it was like a surge of adrenaline rushed through me, making me jump out of the bed immediately. 

It took me a few hours to organise everything for the trip to the West and despite David's protests and offers to go for her by himself so I can rest, I refused.  I didn't want to lose hours of driving by using the vehicles, so we used a military plane, my team consisting of my friends. This is not a mission where we'll risk our lives, I made sure about that before leaving Hazard.

"You had no right," I said to Anne harshly as I glared into her widened eyes. She came to visit Zayn and me earlier today, but neither of us was in the mood for her lies. Zayn did allow her to hug him, we knew it had to be shocking for her to see him alive considering none of us had bothered to tell her. "You had no fucking right to hide her from me, to leave her in the middle of nowhere when she was hurt! I'll go there now and you better pray she's alive and well or I swear I will forget about the fact you gave birth to me. You'll be the enemy in my eyes."

"Harry, I just wanted what's best for you-" Anne started.

"Bullshit!" I snapped. "You have no right to make decisions for me, just because you decided to give up on your family and the people you love, doesn't mean I'll do the same! Fuck, I love that girl! If you really wanted to help, you would've brought her back to me, not took her away."

She was silent for a few moments. "I. . . I had no idea you feel this way about her, but she still used you to get what she wants-"

"Stop. Just stop trying to change my mind, you don't know the half of it. I'll go there and you'll come with me to make sure those assholes don't attack us, is that clear? For once, be a real mother to me and help me instead of ruining everything and bringing nothing but pain."

Her serious expression slowly faded as she released a sigh. "Alright, son. I'll help you."

My knee is shaking nervously, my arms crossed over my chest, a deep frown on my face as my anxiety increases with each passing second, caging me in a bubble that is about to burst any second now if we don't arrive. My mind is reeling with options and scenarios when I finally see her and get a chance to properly talk to her, absolutely scared of the outcome. All I know is that I'll try everything to earn her forgiveness.

Liam puts his hands out, pretending as if he's pushing an invisible wall. "Damn, all that tension you're spreading is so thick I can't move."

"He's right, Harry. You won't accomplish anything with worrying," Louis says. "She's alright, you'll see."

"It's impossible not to worry," I tell them. "She was injured even worse than I was, but the difference is I had proper care, she was left in the middle of fucking nowhere in a damn tent."

They all remain silent, dropping their gazes. As I look at them, I suddenly remember Jess. When I found out the truth about her, I was angry beyond reason because she was one of my closest friends and she betrayed me. She was lucky she wasn't near when I heard the news from David, who knows what I would've done. When I calmed down, I thought about her reasons for doing it, about her regret and about whether or not should I forgive her. I realised that's not easy and not possible at this moment, but I allowed her to stay considering Alex really cares about her. I don't think I'll ever be able to trust her again, though.