Chapter 20

Elena

"There, it's a bed," H says, lying beside me while I laugh.

We realised it's rather uncomfortable to lie on just one mat, so we stacked a few of them one over another in two piles, creating a makeshift bed for ourselves. We're using towels instead of pillows and we have nothing to cover our bodies with, but it somehow works.

"Did you lock the door?" I ask, suddenly worried someone might come in.

"Yes, don't worry," he replies. "Nobody ever comes here. Well, except Niall, but only at the certain time."

I shift on the side so it's easier to look at him when we talk, his green eyes observing me. I don't think there will be much sleep for me tonight, especially with his proximity, the heat of his body basically radiating off him. There are a lot of things we need to talk about and clarify and it's obvious both of us know it, but neither is doing anything about it. The silence that settled between us is heavy with unspoken words and unresolved doubts.

"H?" I finally decide to speak since I like to get straight to the point. His head turns, his eyes looking at mine, filled with anticipation. "What is it that you wanted to tell me before the alarm today?"

His Adam's apple bobs up and down as he swallows, his eyebrows forming a slight frown on his beautiful face. "I shouldn't be attracted to you. I shouldn't want to touch you or kiss you. I shouldn't want you," he says, his eyes holding contact with mine. "But above all, I shouldn't develop any feelings for you."

My heart is drumming in my chest, my breathing has increased, a feeling I can't decipher settling deep within me. "You shouldn't," I agree quietly. He looks away and it seems he's disappointed, but I'm not finished. "And I shouldn't think about you. I shouldn't want you to touch me or kiss me. I shouldn't want you, either." I gulp nervously, waiting for his reaction.

Our mutual. . . attraction toward each other is finally revealed, the spoken words floating between us as both of us take a few moments for them to sink in. One part of me is elated he feels the same way I do, but the other is worried. Nothing good could come from it at the end, I know it. But if he acts upon it, if his eyes stare intensely into mine, if his fingers brush against my skin, if his lips touch mine, I don't think I'll be able to resist it.

I don't have a lot of weaknesses, but he is very close to becoming one.

"You shouldn't," he repeats my previous response, shifting on the side so we can look at each other properly. "But since we're breaking all the rules anyway. . ." he mumbles, his palm reaching to press against my cheek, warm and rough against my skin.

Tingles shoot through my body as he does it, my body instinctively moving closer to his. My hand slides at the nape of his neck, gently tugging his head toward mine, only a tiny gap separating our lips now. His are almost red, soft and inviting, my own itching to feel them.

"No rules, Elena," he says quietly, his voice deep and sensual. The way my name rolls off his tongue is amazing and I regret not hearing it more often.

"No rules, H," I confirm, finally pressing my lips against his. At first, they only linger on his, taking in their softness and warmth.

The coolness of his lip ring is in contrast with our warm lips as they glide and move in sync, the need to feel more of him slowly brewing inside of me. My free hand tentatively slides under his shirt, feeling his toned muscles underneath my fingertips, his skin heated and smooth. I can feel him tense at the contact, his lips briefly stopping their movements as if he's nervous.

The hand pressed to my cheek tentatively trails down my body, settling on my waist and pulling my body closer to his. He suddenly shifts above me, his hands holding his weight above me as our kiss remains unbroken, only getting more intense with each passing second. One of his hands slides down my body as our chests press together, giving a squeeze to my bum, my hips jerking upward from the action.