39

Mackenize McMahon 's Point Of View

Dean and I arrived at the arena Monday afternoon before Raw without any problems or issues. Luck clearly had to be in our favour as it wasn't often this kind of stuff happened. The precedent was that we would get found out or discovered but all seemed to be going well so far. Our presence was yet to be detected. Since my father had removed all phones from his house he had no way of contacting me, so he was unable to discover that I'd left Connecticut, never mind the fact that we were in the same building.

To get here undetected was more about hiding Dean and making sure he acted normal than it was for me to do those things. After all, he was the one Hunter, Randy, Steph,Shane and my Father looked out for, he was the one who had to be on high alert. They weren't currently thinking twice about seeing me since I was supposed to be in the house.

Thankfully Roman and Seth had managed to cover for him well enough that we were able to come to the arena straight from the airport. Dean's brothers were already there, so once Seth had texted us which locker room The Shield had been given for the show, we had a location to get to.

I wore a Shield hoody and a baseball cap on my head, keeping it down over my face as Dean led us swiftly through the corridors of the arena. I was not supposed to be here, and the last thing we needed was anyone recognising me or coming up to me to talk. Gossip traveled fast in the WWE locker room, so as soon as one single person saw me, be it a Superstar or even a runner, the news was sure to reach any one member of my family the end of the day.

It was the best disguise we could muster in the time we had been given, so I kept my head down and kept a tight grip on Dean's hand as we walked to the locker room. I was relieved that no one stopped him or I, and we were able to get where we needed to unscathed.

We reached the locker room in no time, Dean knocking three times on the door before letting us in.

I pulled the cap off my head, letting out a sigh of relief, Seth and Roman looking up at us warmly as soon as they realised it was us.

"You guys finally made it," grinned Seth as Roman walked up to us, wrapping me up in a huge bear hug as soon as he reached me, lifting me from the ground.

"Course we did," smirked Dean, Seth giving him a friendly pat on the back. "You know I'm a cunning mother-fucker when I need to be. Don't tell me you doubted me, Rollins."

"Not for a second," chuckled Seth.

"We missed you, baby girl," said Roman, squeezing me so tightly I was afraid he'd leave me with a broken rib.

"Missed you too, big guy," I replied as he set me back down on my feet. "But you know I can't stay away from you guys for too long."

"So where have you been?" he asked me as we all sat down. Thankfully the locker room had a sofa which Dean and I sat on whilst Seth and Roman opted for the wooden bench. "It's not been difficult to realise you've been missing."

"What did they say to explain that?" I asked curiously.

"Vince said you'd gone home with illness," Seth explained. "He's told everyone you aren't well and have taken a week out to recover."

I scoffed at his pathetic excuse of a story.

Seriously, Dad ? That's the best you can come up with? I mean come your the freaking CEO of WWE and the best you got.

"I've been in Connecticut," I explained to my friends. "After I visited my dads holiday home in LA, they shipped me off to Connecticut and kept me at their house. No phones, no internet, every single fucking door locked. No contact with the outside world and no way out of that place."