30

That same night we flew out to LA for Raw. I liked LA. It was warm, sunny, and the beach was one of my most favourite places to go to relax and enjoy myself. Steph and Hunter  also had a holiday home there, so LA meant no shitty hotels as I was able to stay with them. it meant a comfy bed, home made food, and some quality time with my Sister and brother-in-law. But whilst I was excited to visit the place I loved so much, I was far from excited for the things I knew would happen there.

I needed to talk to Randy.

It was sadly a conversation that was long overdue and one that I wished I could avoid if I had the choice. But I needed to clear the air, tell him the truth and let him know once and for all that we in no way had a romantic future together. A friendship, yes. But romance, no.

It was gonna kill him, it was going to break his poor heart, and it was going to hurt him in a way that was unavoidable. I knew it was shit, and it made me feel like total crap, but sadly it was the truth. Romances can come and go and feelings can change over time, but the one thing that worried me the most about this conversation was how it was going to change the dynamic between Randy and myself.

Where would this leave us? How would this leave us? Would he hate me? Detest me? Freeze me out? I hardly wanted to consider the 'what ifs.' The last thing I wanted was to ruin our friendship, a friendship I'd held for almost half my life. It terrified me that things would not be as they once were due to some rejected and ejected feelings.

He was my best friend in the whole entire world, so I hoped this would go smoothly, calmly and leave us in a position where we could move forward with no bad feelings, no animosity and where we could continue our close friendship. A world without Randy in it was not one I wanted to consider, so I had to hope and pray that he wouldn't want to walk out of my life once he knew the truth. I had to keep faith that he would want to remain my friend.

I had to hold onto that wish otherwise the fear and anxiety of the conversation I was about to have with him would drive me mad.

I arrived at the arena apprehensively, dragging my case behind me. I'd travelled with The Shield boys but had decided to enter the arena alone in order to keep up pretences. Not only had Dean and I agreed to keep everything under wraps until I'd told Randy my feelings, but after that we knew we would have to remain secret and discreet until a time when we knew we could tell Daddy,  shane and Randy the complete truth without fear of them being upset or angry.

It was all still so new to us, but we both naturally knew how my Daddy , shane and Randy  would react. Dean knew the knife edge he already walked on with my brother due to his past actions and his personality traits. And I knew how protective shane  was of his little sister, especially when she takes a romantic interest in a lunatic who threatens gangs and beats The phenomenonl one to a pulp in alleyways! He would not want to accept it and I knew we wouldn't get his blessing yet,let alone Daddy's blessing.

We also both knew how Randy would react. He hated Dean at the best of times so to know he was the one who won my heart and affection would drive Randy up the wall. He'd lash out, get angry, and it could potentially ruin our friendship in the process. And that was the last thing either of us wanted. Even though they didn't get on, Dean knew of my history with Randy, and so he appreciated and respected the friendship I had with The Viper. He would never want to ruin that.

So we both decided to keep quiet and let our relationship blossom behind closed doors for now. We knew it would mean a lot of lies and a lot of sneaking around, but The Shield had our backs and so did Paige and Sasha.

We knew we could make it work.

So I walked to Shanes's office by myself, ready for the usual meeting before the show. Dean, Seth and Roman had already gone ahead so were probably now there. So I hurried to the office as quickly as I could.