32

I slept like a baby that night. I wasn't sure if it was the fact my body was exhausted because of everything that had happened, I wasn't sure if it was because my head couldn't cope with the extreme emotions anymore and so it had shut down in sleep, and I wasn't sure if it was simply because I had Dean beside me but it was one of the easiest night's sleep I'd ever had.

I loved having him beside me, I had to admit. It was comforting, settling, easy, like he should have always been there. I only remember one previous time where I'd slept in a bed with Dean and that was the night I almost got mugged, and nothing was happening between us then. He had stayed there purely for security reasons and because I felt unsafe on my own. At that point in time, even though we were bonding and growing closer, no real connection had been made, not in a romantic sense anyway.

I'd liked the guy and found him an amazing person, but there had been nothing untoward with us sharing a bed.

This time was completely different.

This time feelings were involved, this time emotions were heightened, and this time I couldn't get enough of him. I'd fallen asleep in his arms and had felt blissfully content for the first time in a long time. He was comfy and warm and soft, just like the massive bed I was in. It was far better than the one I'd have had at Hunter's and not just because Dean was there. It was big and cozy, the kind of bed I'd never want to get out of.

It was in that same bed where I was sleeping soundly when I was pleasantly awoken the next morning.

I was in a deep sleep, the previous day's events obviously taking its toll on me. My head was nestled deeply into my pillow and my duvet was wrapped snuggley around my body, keeping me nice and warm. My dreams had been kind to me, allowing me to continue to sleep the whole night through. No interruptions at all...

That was until I suddenly felt a slight pressure upon my ear lobe, a slight pressure that wasn't usually there. It wasn't an uncomfortable pressure, it was quite soft and enjoyable and sensual to the touch. It snapped me from my sleep, yet I did not open my eyes, too content in the bed to even bother moving. I then felt the pressure move from my ear to the edge of my jaw before it returned to my ear again. I internally smiled when I felt a familiar breath fan across the side of my face.

I knew Dean was an early riser due to his work out schedule and the fact he often met up with his brother's. But even so, I was surprised he was up before me, especially considering the doctor had told him to get plenty rest due to the attack last night.

He continued to nibble on my ear, my breathing trying its very hardest to remain normal. My breathing would always pick up when Dean did these kinds of things to me. Even a smile from him was enough to make my legs go weak, so physical contact always had me acting like some sort of babbling mess with a blush as bright as a traffic light! He dazzled me... all the time.

He continued his movements as I struggled to remain calm, his arm slowly snaking around my waist, pulling me closer to his body... his very shirtless body... his completely bare, very gorgeous, completely shirtless body. I kept my eyes closed in an attempt to keep up my sleeping stance.

"I know you're awake, princess ," he gently whispered into my ear, causing me to shiver in the most delicious way.

Damn him and his sexy smooth voice!

My body had given me away, definitely telling him that I was awake now. It always let me down right when I didn't need it to. Whether it as via a blush or a shiver or goose bumps, I knew without fail that if I needed to keep calm and collected, my body would totally ignore that fact and just do what the hell it wanted.

Damn my body!

His mouth moved, kissing the side of my jaw, up over my nose and finally kissing each of my eyes lids. I had to suppress the giggle that was dying to escape my lips.