18

After the plane landed and we had retrieved our suitcases from baggage collection, Dean and I organised to leave the airport separately, deciding to make our own way to the arena that night. Partly because we wanted to avoid any media attention the two of us being together could create, but mostly it was to save face.

Dean and I were not meant to be together, and as far as shane and Stephanie were aware, Dean was held up in his hotel room with food poisoning and a bad stomach. The story wouldn't wash well with my brother if we'd come into work together and the cat had been let out of the bag.

He lifted my suitcase from the baggage carousel and handed it to me. "You going to be okay carrying this thing to a cab?" he asked.

"I'll be good," I smiled, taking it from him. "It's not too heavy and it has wheels so it shouldn't be too much of a problem."

"Seems weird going back to reality, doesn't it?" he asked me as he waited for his own case. "It's hard to believe we woke up in Connecticut this morning and now we're in Texas ready for Raw."

"I know where I'd rather be," I said as his case came into view. "The place where I wouldn't see a ring or a single wrestler in sight."

"Not a single one?" he asked with a teasing smirk.

I giggled lightly. "Okay, maybe I can think of one. He's pretty good company."

"Only pretty good? I heard he's funny, strong, insanely good looking," he joked as he grabbed his case from the carousel and set it on the ground. "He's a total babe."

"And very egotistical," I quickly added, feeling smug when I saw the astonished look on his face. "But I wouldn't have him any other way."

He smiled at those words, both of us realising now was the time to part ways.

"Time to go, I guess," he said.

"Yeah," I said, placing a piece of hair behind my ear.

"You gonna be alright to make your own way back?" he asked me.

"I'm a big girl, Dean. I can manage it," I chuckled.

"Just checking," he said. "I like to make sure you're safe."

I blushed at his words, a smug smirk rising on his lips. "Thanks for this weekend. I really needed it."

"Anytime," he grinned. "As I said before, this weekend would have been shit without you around, I had fun."

"Me too," I said, surprised as he approached me, sliding his arms around my waist and pulling me to him. My breathing hitched at the intensity of his hug but I quickly relaxed into it, relishing in his warmth. His arms fit so snug around my body, his muscles making me feel sort of protected and safe knowing they were around me. I breathed in his heady scent, letting in fill my nostrils, his smell easing and relaxing me. I slipped my arms around his broad shoulders, returning his hug, letting him know with one single motion how much I'd appreciated that last few days and how grateful I was that he'd visited me.

"Glad my visit helped you," I heard him mumble against my hair.

"It completely helped. Thank you," I said happily, my heart sinking a little as soon as he let me go. We said our goodbyes, he grabbed his case and offered me his trademark wink before he sadly walked away.

So Dean left first, heading straight to the hotel in order to meet up with Seth and Roman, and I jumped in the first taxi I could and headed straight for the arena.

Hunter and Stephanie and shane always got to the arena very early on the morning of Raw, so as I climbed into my cab around lunchtime, I knew they'd be there when I arrived.