27

Three days.

I'd managed to stay hidden for three whole days, and it was one of the best things I'd ever done. It honestly felt so refreshing. No worries, no drama, no annoying men pissing me off left, right and center. It had just been Sasha, Paige and I, and it felt darn fucking good to have just the girls around me. Life was easier with them and we could just have fun and be single girls having a good time.

Within an hour of me leaving my hotel room that night, a knock had sounded on Sasha's door. She'd answered it and a rather irritated Dean Ambrose had been stood there. I'd hidden myself safely in the bathroom as she told him I wasn't here and he was sent kindly on his way. I wasn't surprised that he'd come straight here to find me, but thankfully Sasha had deterred him enough that he didn't come knocking again.

When I'd awoken the next morning, I checked my phone to see 27 texts and 56 missed calls, a mixture from both Dean and Randy. So I did the only thing I could – I turned the phone off.

I felt bad, but I honestly didn't care to hear from them. I was bored of them, I was tired of the constant bickering and the constant arguing. It was bullshit and I wasn't standing for it anymore. Until they could grow up, talk to me like a normal human being, and learn to get the fuck on with each other, then I was walking away. I'd have to talk civilly to them at work and act as a professional, but that was it.

I was tired of being the victim and I was tired of having these headstrong and dominant men luring over me. I was a Helmsley and I planned to fucking act like one. And it felt freeing to be like this, like a weight was lifted from my shoulder.

I'd talk to Dean and Randy eventually, and our friendships would eventually resume, but it felt freeing to have this time away from them.

I finally had time to be kenize.

And it felt amazing doing that; I enjoyed my time with the girls. We spent time out shopping. We went for drinks in cocktail bars. We had slumber parties, eating ice-cream, watching rom-coms and cooing over Channing Tatum and Ryan Gosling. We didn't talk about WWE, we didn't talk about men, and we certainly didn't mention the names of the two people who had driven me here.

I didn't stop smiling, and even though a massive part of me missed Dean and Randy like mad, it was good and healthy to have the distance from them and the intensity in which they'd been in my life as of late.

So as we all sat watching TV on the evening of the 31st, Sasha received a message, her eyes lighting up as she gazed at her phone.

"So rumor has it John cena is having a New Years party tonight," she said. "Nikki wants to know if we're in."

"Just point me in the direction of the alcohol!" joked Paige.

"Yeah, I'm in," I grinned as it dawned on me we had no actual plans for New Years. "Just get the details and we'll get ready."

So that's what Sasha did. We were currently in Tampa for work and I knew had a residence here, so I assumed it was a house party. As soon as Sasha found out the information we needed, we all proceeded to get ready. Since I was staying away from my hotel room, Sasha borrowed me a dress, a sleek black one that hugged my body and showed off my curves in all the right places. My brown hair hung in waves down my back, my lips a deep red. I gazed at myself in the mirror, rather proud of how my look had turned out, knowing I was totally ready to party.

So once we were all ready, we ordered a cab, jumped in, and set off for a night of fun.

xXx

Cena's house was amazing once we got there, the sound of music already blasting around the place as we got out the cab. We paid the driver and walked to the front door, ringing the doorbell. John finally answered, a huge grin on his face, a drink in his hand. The party was booming behind him.