22

Thankfully Dean's injuries weren't life threatening or career threatening. Whilst he had landed awkwardly on the ladder fortunately there were no broken bones, just a few pulled muscles and a very sore and aching back. It turned out Dean was made of some pretty strong stuff, and all those years of violent wrestling had hardened him to such injuries that could have seriously jeopardized any other wrestler.

The medics filled him up with painkillers and a sick note - two weeks away from the ring and the order to go home and rest up until his back could handle wrestling again. Again, since Dean was used to such injuries, he figured his body would be fighting fit before then, but he was put on a plane home to Vegas that night, and I hadn't seen him in three days.

Seth and Roman stayed at work and continued fighting throughout any live shows with the plan to go to Dean by the weekend when they had some time off.

Sami, who incidentally went on to win the ladder match and therefore the Money In The Bank briefcase, felt nothing but remorse and sadness over the incident, apologising profusely to Dean, worry and stress filling his body that he had been the cause of such an injury.

Dean, of course, brushed it off, saying it was all part of the match and it was nothing he hadn't suffered before. He was a good team player and he knew such an injury was possible in a ladder match. So he held no grudge and swiftly accepted sami's apology.

But watching him drop from that height and seeing his body hit the ladder with such force as to manage to break it in half had been one of the most horrifying sights my eyes had ever witnessed in my 24 years on this Earth.

I was absolutely petrified, every horrible thought running through my head as I viewed the horror if his lifeless body lying there on the broken metal. It was why I hated ladder matches, it was why I was so uncomfortable watching them, it was why I never wanted Dean to do it in the first place. I had worried an incident would happen and in the end it had.

I was just grateful Dean had come out of it with minimal damage. Nothing was broken and all he needed was a few weeks rest. It could have been so much worse and I was beyond fucking relieved that nothing major had happened or jeopardized his career.

The only majorly bad thing to come out of it was the order for Dean to go home for two weeks, which meant no TV, no wrestling and incidentally no seeing me.

I wondered if this was how Dean felt when I was away on injury, because if truth be told I fucking missed the guy! It was weird not having him here, like he'd left a major Dean-shaped gap in my life. He'd always been there to make me laugh, to put me in a good mood, to make me feel good within myself.

I didn't like it when he wasn't there, his absence confirming for me what an impact he'd made on my life. He had truly become one of my best friends, always standing by me and looking out for me, siding with me no matter what.

That, and there's no eye candy at work now the lunatic has gone...

I hushed my subconscious down, not letting her get too loud. All I knew was that it was too quiet without him here and far too lonely. My brother and sister were always busy with work, Sasha and Paige were constantly training, and since the whole kissing incident with Randy, we hadn't been as close as we once were. My friend wasn't here and it sucked.

So I took the decision to do exactly as he had done and go to Vegas to visit him and check in on him. He had done it for me, making sure I was well and entertaining me, so I was simply repaying the favor. I knew my daddy would not approve if he knew I was going, so I waited until I had a couple of days off work before booking a flight and flying out.

I'd used Dean's own trick and checked shane's address book to see where Dean lived. So once I had the information I flew out and grabbed a cab to his place as soon as I landed. It was about 10pm when the plane hit the tarmac, so I hoped Dean had a spare room in order for me to get some sleep.