15

stared at him in disbelief, rubbing my eyes and wondering of his presence here was genuine or some dream that I had yet to wake up from. I rubbed my eyes several times over, watching him as he stood below me, his stance all calm and collected. He didn't disappear once, so I knew he couldn't be a mirage or some figment of my imagination.

It was him, he was here, and this whole thing was actually happening.

I had no fucking idea how this had happened or why he'd chosen to be here at 11 o'clock at night. All I could do was simply accept it and believe it to be true. Dean was here, he was in Connecticut, and he was shouting up to me from the lawn below.

"How the fuck...?" I wasn't sure what to say in that moment. "How did you even get here?"

"A little contraption called an aeroplane," he said. "Amazing things. They can take you almost anywhere in the world. Who'd have thought in this day and age."

I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm, his lips unable to hide the playful smirk that appeared upon them.

"You haven't lost that dry wit of your whilst I've been away," I said.

"I've been saving it all up for you," he chuckled.

"I don't understand," I said, shaking my head, a puzzled look on my face. "What are you doing here, Dean?"

"Truthfully?" he asked.

"Yeah," I nodded. "Why have you come here? Because I am totally lost right now."

"Because I've missed saving you," he admitted. "It's no fun when you aren't around making trouble for me."

It was hard to miss the way my heart skipped a beat as the words left his mouth, his sweet but subtle admission making my cheeks flush pink, my teeth softly biting my lip in an embarrassed way. It had been a long while since sweet and soft Dean had made himself known. It was good to finally see him again.

"Well I do like being a nuisance," I said teasingly.

"So if the trouble can't come to me, I figured I'd go to it," he said, his hands in his pockets.

"Well the trouble welcomes you," I smiled. "And she's extremely happy to see you."

"And I'm glad to hear it," he replied. "Now can you let me in? It's fucking freezing out here."

"Oh gosh!" I said. "Of course."

I hurried off the balcony, running out of my bedroom and hurrying downstairs as fast as my feet could carry me. I rushed through the kitchen, grabbed the keys and ran to the backdoor. I could see Dean's silhouette behind the wooden structure, so I put the key in the lock, turned it, and quickly let him in.

"Thanks," he said, rubbing his hands together and blowing on them as he entered the kitchen, shutting the door behind him. "Wearing just a leather jacket in November was clearly a very stupid idea."

"Go into the living room, it should still be warm," I instructed him. "I'll fix you up a hot chocolate."

He did as I told him and I quickly prepared his drink, taking it into him and seating myself beside him on the sofa.

"Thank you," he said as I handed him the drink and he took a sip. "Delicious."

"How did you know where the house was?" I asked.

"Your brother in law  doesn't hide his address book very well," he explained. "It was wide open on his desk yesterday morning. So I read it, memorised it and made the travel plans that night."

"Hunter will kill you if he knows you lied to him about being sick so that you could show up at his house, you know," I said to him warningly. "He hates being messed around like that."