8

I was woken the next morning by sunlight streaming in through the hotel window, the new light causing my head to pound wildly. My face scrunched in pain, my hand grasping my head as the morning's hangover took over.

This was why I shouldn't drink, this was why I should never go drinking with Paige again. I'd said that last time and ignored myself, but this time I fucking meant it. My head killed.

I slowly but surely opened my eyes, knowing I needed painkillers asap.

I was in my hotel room, all tucked up in my bed. I looked over to my bedside table, the clock saying it was 9.30am, a glass of water and some tablets seated right beside it. My eyebrows furrowed.

How did they get there...?

And then it all came back to me. The drinking, the dancing, the phone-call, the vomiting...

I lay back in my bed, my hands pulling at my hair, groaning in frustration.

I'd done it again, I'd fucking done it again! How the fuck had I managed to make an utter fool of myself in front of The Shield once again? Maybe I was the liability Dean had called me the night before.

And that's when the last memory of the night flashed back to me.

I remembered Dean and Seth, and Dean was definitely carrying me... Yes, he was. He was carrying me in his arms and I kept falling asleep... He spoke to me... something about being angry... He apologised... He actually apologised... And then I slept. He must have brought me back here and laid out the medication for me.

I slowly pulled my hands from my hair, staring up at the white ceiling.

Yes, he'd definitely said sorry. He'd explained his reasoning, he'd apologised, he'd brought me back to the hotel, and from the look of my bedside table he'd given me medication to stop the pain the next morning.

I sighed, sitting up again, untangling myself from the quilt, grabbing the tablets and water and taking them.

After all that he'd done for me last night and the way he'd gone out of his way to make sure I got home safely, I knew it was going to be pretty hard to be mad at him now. I placed the glass back on the beside table, rubbing my tired eyes.

God knows where I'd be if he and Seth hadn't shown up last night. I probably would be on the sidewalk asleep. I probably would be falling out of taxis, and I definitely wouldn't be sitting here with painkillers to help my head; I'd be a mess on the floor, a drunken, vomit-covered mess.

He'd really fucking come through for me and he'd apologised for the shit at Smackdown. So as annoying as it was, I kinda had to forgive and forget everything he'd done. How could I not?

Roman was right, The Shield were definitively fulfilling their duties outside the ring as well as inside.

I knew this was another incident I'd have to keep from my family , so I mentally reminded myself to find The Shield later and ask them if they'd keep this one quiet like they had the last incident.

I need to stop drinking.

Yes I fucking did. It's all I seemed to do lately, and since Dean, Seth and Roman turned up every time I was in that condition, I wouldn't be surprised if they considered me and alcoholic or something!

A knock on my hotel door broke me from my thoughts, the loud sound reverberating through my head. It hurt.

"Ouch," I said as I got out of my bed and headed towards the door. "I'm coming, keeping it down."

I opened to the door to see Randy on the other side.

"Morning," he smiled. "I just here wondering if... whoa, you don't look too good."