23

Three weeks later...

I exited the coffee shop, cup in hand, the hot liquid inside keeping my hands warm against the late autumnal weather that blew outside. I rushed through the parking lot to my car and got inside, shivering a little as the warm air inside the vehicle hit me. It was a drastic change from the chilly temperatures outside and I was grateful I'd decided to leave the heating on whilst I fetched my usual pre-show coffee.

I took a sip of the delicious beverage before placing it sturdily in the car's cup-holder and switching on the engine. I reversed the car out of the parking spot and headed down the road to the arena.

The traffic wasn't too bad for the time of day so the drive was pretty smooth. I knew I'd end up arriving fairly early, and, even though it was a rarity, this was normally something I was happy to do. But as of late I wasn't exactly enthusiastic for turning up to work before I needed too.

Normally I couldn't wait to greet everyone and meet up with friends and family, but lately that hadn't exactly been top of my list. I'd usually see Hunter and Steph and spend time with my big sister  and brother in law , but both were insanely busy with work and scheduling, especially with having certain talent away on injury. They were working over time to make the show the best it could be and had very little free time these days.

Next on my list to visit would be Sasha and Paige, but I usually only saw them for a few fleeting minutes before they'd have to disappear for either training purposes or because they had a fight to prep for. They were bust ladies and could rarely spend long with me before the show.

Randy was always someone I visited, and I usually couldn't wait to hang out with my best friend before Raw, but ever since his little admission, things had been different. We had tried our best to get things back to normal, and as good as our efforts had been, there was always that niggling voice in the back of my head telling me he liked me, he potentially loved me, he always wanted more from me. So as normal as we tried to make things, our friendship wasn't as it had once been.

Then, of course, there was Dean. The same Dean who should have already returned to work but hadn't due to doctor's orders. The original time span for his return had only been a fortnight, but it had now turned into four long weeks, three of which I had not seen him. The doctors were being cautious, wanting to keep Dean out for a little longer in order to allow him to train and make sure his back was fully recovered and able to take the strain full time wrestling would have on it.

Whilst this was good for Dean, it was taking its toll in other places. It took its toll on The Shield as they had been a man down for weeks now. It took its toll on WWE in general as it and the fans were missing out on a fucking good wrestler and talent whilst he was gone.

And it was taking its toll on me too.

I missed him, it was as plain and as simple as that. I missed his goofiness, I missed his jokes, I missed his attentiveness... Hell, I even missed when he became the fucking lunatic! It just wasn't the same without Dean around. It felt cold, lonely, like there was a massive hole where he should be standing. I could see it in Roman and Seth too, neither of them feeling right without their brother at their side. They'd visited him plenty of times in the time he'd been away, but they still missed him like crazy.

But at least they'd visited, at least they'd seen him, at least they'd witnessed Dean with their own eyes in the last few weeks. I hadn't seen him since my trip to Vegas and it was sort of giving me anxiety. Not only because I missed my friend but because of what had happened when I last saw him and how we'd left things.

His hands touching me, his eyes watching me, his lips caressing me, his body needing me...

The whole scene had played out in my mind thousands of times since it had happened, my perception of it changing every time I thought about it.