3

When we finally made it backstage, I let out the hugest sigh of relief, my body feeling a weight lifted off its shoulders. I held my hand to my chest, feeling my heart pounding beneath, willing my body to calm down now the segment was over.

Even though The Shield were there and even though I knew shane and Stephanie would have never let anything bad happen, that had been, without a doubt, one of the most terrifying and nerve-wracking experiences of my life. To stand face to face with a wrestler, an angry and tough one at that, was petrifying. It was like a death wish, as if I was asking for trouble. It had been crazy and foolish, and the relief that flooded my body now I knew it was all over was over-whelming.

I couldn't believe my brother I'm law had voluntarily put me in that situation and risked me like that. Yeah, The Shield had shown up at the perfect time, but I couldn't help think what if? I could have been seriously hurt, and I felt a little anger towards Hunter for exposing me to circumstances like that. I wouldn't do something as stupid as confronting luke gallows like that again.

Hunter was there to greet me the second I appeared in the gorilla.

"Mackenize , that was amazing," he beamed, grinning from ear to ear. "I couldn't have done it better myself. What a profromance !"

"Yeah," I said through heavy and nervous breaths. "Glad it went well."

"It went fantastic. The crowd were engaged and it was the most dramatic and cool way to debut the return of The Shield. The fans already love them now they love them even more "

"Good," I breathed, my hands still visibly shaking from the nerves.

"And the Hounds Of Justice comment, I'm glad you brought back there old nick-name we can still it use going forward."

"Great, Hunter," I said as The Shield finally made their way backstage. "That's great."

"Boys!" he grinned, welcoming them with open arms, clearly pleased with their appearance. "Welcome to the back."

"Thanks, Hunter," smiled Seth, shaking my brother's hand. "That couldn't have gone any better."

"If the WWE Universe didn't know what you were capable of before, they certainly do now," my brother in law laughed?

I leaned against the wall and noticed a few bottles of water beside the monitors backstage. I reached over for one, downing half the bottle in one gulp, needing something to get rid of my dry mouth and the lump building in my throat. I was slowly calming down, but my legs still felt like jelly.

The Shield and hunter continued to talk, Ambrose slyly looking over at me mid-conversation. His eyes narrowed, his eyebrows furrowing as he took in my nervous and terrified form. I downed the rest of the water, threw the empty bottle on the floor and reached for another.

I met his gaze, offering him a somewhat weak smile.

"You okay?" I saw him mouth subtly to me.

I nodded at him, letting him know I was as good as good could be considering the circumstances. Not wanting to wait around for luke gallow
s to emerge backstage, I got up off the wall and slowly made my way to my locker room, wanting nothing more than to calm down, get out of the building and cure my sorrows with a stiff drink.

xXx

"That shit looked scary, kenzie," said Sasha, taking a sip of her white wine. "I'm a wrestler and even I wouldn't have gone up against luke gallows like that."

"The bastard is insane," commented Paige, swigging from her beer bottle. "I'd have literally shit myself."

"I almost did," I joked, knocking back my third double whiskey of the evening. "I don't think I've ever been that scared in my life."