5

I nervously stood in the gorilla, waiting as the match before my segment finished up. It was a simple tag match between the bellas and team bad, but it was enough for me to watch and distract my mind from what I was about to do.

I was confronting gallows again. Was my brother and brother in law fucking insane?!

Did they not see what happened last week? Did they not see the look of pure anger on the luke's face when I provoked him? He had been pissed... beyond pissed. He was so angry he was almost ready to lash out and hit a woman. And had The Shield not appeared when they did then he probably would have done just that.

Gallow's was unpredictable at the best of times, but even i knew it wasn't good to get on his wrong side. And now one week after teasing him and upsetting him, I was being ordered to go out there and try again.

It was like I had a death-wish, like Hunter was volunteering me for the Hunger Games or something. Why did it have to be me? Randy was the one in a feud with his team mate , Kane was co-Director of Operations, Big Show was more of a threat. At least those three could fight back when threatened.

But no, Hunter and shane had chosen the weak little brunette to go out and argue with the big strong club member.

This clearly seemed fair.

I just prayed The Shield would be out there and ready to fight should I need them. They were my only god-send here, my only hope. I had to believe that nothing would happen because they would swoop in and save me if luke gallows was pushed too far.

I watched nikki bella pinned Sasha for the win and the match was finally over. I knew I was next up, so as both tag teams made their way backstage, I took deep and calming breaths, closing my eyes and focusing on what needed to be done. I didn't like it, I was petrified, and I wanted to do nothing more than run away right now.

But this was the hand I'd been dealt, so I'd go out there and look the best that I could. Within seconds the sound guy hit The Authority's music, so I opened my eyes and, with every last ounce of courage I had, I walked out onto the stage.

I was greeted with a mixture of cheers and boos from the crowd as I made my way down the ramp, but this made sense considering I was an Authority member. I waved at the crowd as I reached the ring and walked around it, an empty chair in sight located beside JBL at the commentator's table. I smiled as I sat down and slipped on the pair of headphones I was handed.

"And we are joined by the daughter of vince mcmahon Mackenize lee McMahon , for this match," stated Michael Cole. "How are you, Mackenize ?"

"Very well, thank you, Michael," I smiled. "Hello to JBL and Byron too."

"How are you after last week's events at Raw?" he asked. "The last thing we expected was The Shield to come out and help you. Just who these men think they are ?"

"Well, Michael," I began. "They are our security, our bodyguards. Hunter and shane have found them to be useful and, I have to say, they are doing their job wonderfully."

"Well we can agree to that after how they reacted to luke gallows last week," JBL said.

"I'm surprised you're out for gallow's match this week," said Cole. "What brings you here tonight?"

My dickhead of a brother , that's what!

"I feel luke has been over stepping his mark lately, Cole," I said. "Bad-mouthing The Authority, talking ill of our wonderful WWE World Heavy Weight Champion, and I wasn't happy with how he received me last week. I'm just here to make sure he behaves. I don't want a repeat of the bad behaviour we witnessed last Monday."