28

The drive back to the hotel was a silent one where no one looked at each other and no one spoke. I knew the exact reasons why – they were mad at me. Of course they were! I had just upped and left with no word and no clues as to where I was. And when they had found me I'd chosen to run and to hide. So I totally understood the quietness and solitude that filled the car.

But as bad as I felt for putting the guys through that, I welcomed the silence, because even though the car was quiet, my head would not shut up. Every thought and feeling filtered through my brain, so the lack of conversation gave me ample room and time to figure out just what was going on.

I mean, what exactly do you do when one of your closest friends kiss you and you poured every ounce of passion into kissing him back?

This was insane, crazy, completely nuts!

When I'd attended Cena's party, the last thing I expected was for it to end with Dean and I on a bed, his hands up my dress and his lips all over my body. I'd never expected him to be there in the first place, never mind that we would end up in such a compromising position.

But the way he touched me... the way he held me... the feel of his lips on mine...

I crossed my legs, shuffling uncomfortably in my seat to calm down the aching arousal that was in my panties. It was unbelievable the way that man had made me feel in only a matter of minutes. I was like a horny little teenager, he'd turned me into total putty in his hands, and the frustration that our little get together had not progressed further filled my body.

I agreed with Dean – I loved Roman and Seth, but they had this unbelievable skill to interrupt us at the most inopportune moments!

I gazed at Dean from my seat in the back of the car. He was in the front passenger seat as Roman drove, so I could only see the back and side of his head. Seth sat beside me in the back, but Dean made no effort to turn around.

I knew it was because the boys were still mad at me and so was he in part, but I also knew it was because he was no doubt thinking hard about what had happened just as I was. After everything Dean and I had been through and the closeness we had, kissing was a pretty big thing for us.

Dean and I had chemistry; you'd have to be blind not to see it. I knew it, he clearly knew it, pretty much everyone who knew us could see we had a connection. What that connection was, I hadn't known... well, I hadn't known till tonight. I'd always thought it was friendship. Sure, he was insanely hot and I liked to check him out when he wasn't looking, but I'd never realised it was more than friendship.

We'd had our moments in the past such as our moment in the meadow in Connecticut or the closeness in his apartment in Vegas, but I'd always figured we had been caught up in a moment, especially as neither of us played on what happened afterwards. We had simply returned to our friendly ways and never pushed anything further.

But tonight... the relief upon finding me, the anger that he didn't know where I was, the kiss, the touching on the bed... it fully affirmed to me what that connection had been all along.

It had been attraction. It had been desire. It had been a magnetic pull. It had been a connection far stronger than friendship.

I watched him as the car drove. I gazed at how his fluffy brown hair fell on his head, I checked out his profile, seeing the stubble on his face and the way his Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed. Dean was a handsome man. A vision of perfection and beauty. I was attracted to him, that much was obvious, but it wasn't just his face I found attractive. It was his personality too. His humor, his kindness, his protectiveness. Hell, I even liked the lunatic at times. Dean Ambrose was the full package.