I laughed. "But you suck. So we're even."

"Your Math is all wrong." He shook his head, feigning disappointment. 

"That's not even Math, you idiot." 

He shrugged. "There's a bit of Math along with the logic part."

"Can we please stop talking about Math?" I asked. 

David chuckled. "Sure. I think they're starting a game." He nodded at the people behind me. "Wanna play?" 

"Sure." We made our way towards the group settled around a table, some sitting on the sofa, some seated on the carpet. 

I liked sitting on the ground. I always had for some reason and since the sofas were already occupied, David and I sat on the ground instead of getting more chairs. 

"What are we doing?" One of the guys asked. 

"You guys want to play 'Would You Rather'?" A peppy blond asked. I knew her from around school but I didn't know her name. 

There were some agreements and since no one opposed the idea, the game begun. Michael got a bottle to be spun and one of the guys sitting near the table, spun the bottle. When it stopped, it was pointing at Jason. 

Jason had a challenging grin on his face, awaiting the question. It was Alex who spoke. "Would you rather be able to hear any conversation or take back anything you say?" 

It was a good question, but to my surprise, Jason's smile vanished and he looked glum, as if he was hurting. I didn't miss the glance he threw at Vanessa though before he answered. "I would want to take back anything I said." 

~*~

 The last of the guests had left, leaving only my friends behind. 

Grace was sprawled on the carpet, looking like she was in heaven, and I had a crazy urge to join her. "Can I join you?" I asked finally. 

"Yes, please." She grinned. "It feels so amazing here."

I went forward and lied down on the soft carpet next to her, only to hear David laughing from the couch. "You're both nuts."

"This carpet is soft, okay?" Grace said, defensively. "You could join us if you want to."

"No, thanks." He chuckled.

"Thanks for the party, by the way," Grace said gratefully. "I had a fabulous night." 

"Anytime," Michael replied. "Glad you enjoyed it."

Grace strectched back her head and  looked up at him and smiled. "How could I not?" She sat up and looked around the room and suddenly, frowned. "Where's Jason?"

"He went home early with Vanessa," Michael answered. "Said he was tired."

"Weird," Zoey commented. "He's been acting strange for a while. He was barely talking tonight. I saw him talk with Kirsten and after he was asked that question during the game, he went all quiet again."

"Yeah," Michael said. "Something's wrong and I tried talking to him and he said it was nothing. But then he kept avoiding me after."

I scrunched my eyebrows, confused. So it wasn't only me. There was something going on with Jason. He still had the calm exterior on the outside, but he seemed more ruffled that usual and the others had noticed as well. 

But I didn't know what to do. I had spoken to him as well and he clearly didn't want to be helped. 

"I think he just needs some space," David said. "And I think it's got something to do with Vanessa."

"Yeah," Grace agreed. "She's been a wreck all week too but the only person she's talking to about it is Bailey."

"Well, let's just hope it gets better for them," Tia spoke up. "There's nothing much we can do."

"Agreed," David said. "Meanwhile, there's room on the carpet?"

I laughed. "You change your mind quickly."

"I've been rubbing my leg through it." David chuckled as he came forward and sat down next to me. "That thing is soft." 

"I told you so." I grinned. 

"Sure." He rolled his eyes and rested down next to me. And then he poked my nose. 

"Ow!" I screamed. "Why would you do that?"

He didn't reply, instead he laughed and continue poking me. I tried to push him away but to no avail. So, instead I was forced to get up and go away. 

He sat up when I was seated on the sofa and grinned. "Jerk," I muttered, annoyed. 

He bowed, as if what I said was a compliment. "And never going to stop being a jerk." 

"Ignore him, Kirsten," Michael said from beside me. "It's all in his head." 

I couldn't stay mad at David for long. He frowned, making his look adorable. I knew it was fake sadness, but I couldn't stop myself from laughing. "Okay. That's enough, Dave."

"Alright." He shrugged. "Carpet's yours as long as I'm not pushed away."

I grinned and agreed. 

~*~

(A/N) There's a high chance that this chapter may be super lame and if it is, let me know. :P I mean, there's nothing lame about Dave and Kirs and their cute arguments but still. :3

Speaking of, who do you ship Dave and Kirs or Jason and Kirs? I may even change the ending I have planned if you want it otherwise ;)

Vote and Comment. :D

I think the next chapter is the dance? Mostly. Idk. I have three exams left of which only one is of utmost importance and that particular exam got postponed. So yay. :D And I'll try to update ASAP. 

Bye. x)