Chapter 28

[ Liam's POV ]

I glared at myself in the mirror, wondering what I did to let this happen. I shouldn't be in this tux right now. I should have told Louis no, but I didn't. Now I'm in this suffocatingly hot bathroom, making sure I look good for tonight. Now that all of the One Direction members are in "loving relationships", we all should be fine, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

I am nervous as hell.

Tonight shouldn't even be happening.

I heard a knock at the door. "Liam, you ready?" Niall.

I opened the door and my jaw almost fell to the ground. Niall was in a suit and tie, and he looked fantastic. Even more fantastic than usual. God, I made a huge mistake. Please, just let him give me the chance to prove that I truly am sorry.

"No. Not really."

"Me either," Niall admitted. He rubbed his arm nervously. "I'm sorry I dragged you into it."

"If anyone should appologize, it should be me..."

"It is fine, Liam... Let's just go and make a good time out of it."

I nodded. Deep down, I think he was lying to me. No, I know he is lying straight to my face.

I nodded. "That'll be hard to do." I couldn't see his face when I said that, but I think he smiled. Hm, I'll never know. He knew it was the truth. Tonight was going to be awkward and filled with attitude. Zayn, Harry, and Niall surely aren't big fans of Danielle, but Louis would make an effort to appeal to her. Louis would snap the other boys into shape. One attitude given, and Louis would most likely slap them across the face.

I chuckled to myself. Even though I'm 'Daddy Directioner', Louis sure was a great older-brother type. He is very protective of us, and I love that about him. So, does that make him 'Uncle Directioner'? Nah, that doesn't really sound right.

I walked outside to Louis' new, shiny, black Range Rover. All of us, parents included, pitched in on this Christmas gift. We all agreed that he wouldn't be getting any more big, extravogent gifts like that for a long time. It took months and months of saving for this damn car. He sure as hell better take care of it.

I noticed Harry watching me as I walked closer to the Range Rover. Once out eyes made contact, he smiled weakly. That famous crooked smile lifted my hopes. It meant that he would at least try to get along with Danielle. And that was all I really wanted.

I slid into the back seat after Niall, getting the window seat. Niall was, of course, in between Zayn and I. He leaned closer to Zayn, which made me a bit upset. Well, they are...together...now. So, I guess it's normal for them now. Harry was laughing at something Louis said, like always. I bit my lip, realizing that I had no one to talk to.

"Everyone got everything?" Louis asked, checking the rear-view mirror. He took our constant, awkward silence as a yes. "Good. Now, let us be off!" I smirked as I watched him press down on the button that turned the radio on. Of course Up All Night was on, which only sent Louis in a mad screaming frenzy.

Harry began shaking his hips in a weird fashion, and Louis did, too. I tried, but failed, to hold in my laughter at the two. I swear, they were made for each other. I grinned and looked down at my lap to my phone. I had four new messages from Danielle, but deleted them. I would be with her soon enough, right?

"I wanna stay Up All Night and do it all with you!" Harry sang from the passenger seat. He motioned towards Louis when he said 'you'.

"Don't do it all!" Zayn joked, putting extra emphasis on the word 'all'. I chuckled. Simple dirty-minded children these days. Of course, Zayn and Louis aren't children, they just act like it. They are actually the two members of the band that are older than me, so I'm like the middle-child. Which is odd, considering I'm supposed to be 'Daddy Directioner'.