Chapter 17

[ Liam's POV ]

I shut the door to my flat and groaned. Why must Zayn make this so hard on me? .... On Niall?

I ran my fingers through my hair and bit my lip, thinking hard about past events. About Niall and Zayn. After everything in Paris, after every damn thing that has happened, why on earth would Zayn do this? Sure, I let him kiss me, but that was a mistake, and I know that now. I want Niall, and only Niall. And Niall wants me. We should be happy now that everything is cleared up, everything is over and done with and all is forgiven. But I, on the other hand, am not happy at all.

"So you don't want to talk to me now?" a voice behind me asked. I snapped back to where I was previously standing against the door to see Zayn, his hands shooved in his pockets.

I sighed and turned back around. "Zayn, get out!"

"Grumpy much?" he asked, cocking his head to the side. I glared at him, then turned around again. "Liam, you know what? I know how much you like Niall. And I know how much he likes you.."

"Good, so please back off!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms into the air. Did he not get it? What didn't he understand about me and Niall's relationship? I love him, and he loves me. I love Zayn as well, but never in that way. He was a great friend, a friend I could go to for anything. And I trust and have complete faith in him. But honestly, did this go plain over his head?

"I am." Zayn smiled at me.

What? I think my jaw dropped at his words. Was Zayn really giving up this easily? That is very unlike him. Believe me, I know Zayn. And I know him well enough to know that this is not what he would do in a situation like this. There was a catch, I just knew it. There has gotta be a catch.

"Pardon?" I asked, turning to give Zayn a confused look.

"You heard me.." Zayn walked around the couch and sat down on the sofa. He eyes were down on the ground, but somehow he managed to be smiling. "I want my friends to be happy, even if I am the only single one. I love you guys too much."

"I... I love you, too, Zayn," I said, perhaps a bit too slowely. But did that matter right now? No, I do not think so. Zayn looked up and shared his room-warming smile with me. I smiled back at him, making sure to watch him. Just in case he tried something again. I don't think he would, but just in case...

"I met a girl last night," Zayn spoke up.

"Really?" I asked, sitting down beside him. Not directly beside him, but close enough. You know, I still have my wall up, but you really cannot blame me. I just wanted to make sure nothing happened again. Not that I don't trust Zayn, it's just... Okay, I kinda don't trust Zayn right now.. "What's her name?"

"Rebecca," Zayn answered with a smile. "After I left this place, I went out for a quick stroll and met her. She wants to meet us all tomorrow, if that is okay."

I practically jumped in excitement. "What? Awesome! Of course we could go meet her!"

"Really? That's great, cause-" Zayn, started.

I cut him off, though. "Why wait until tomorrow? Call her and tell her we'll give her backstage passes for the concert in London tonight!" I exclaimed, getting a little too giddy and excited.

Zayn liked this girl. I could tell by the look in his eyes. It's really not that I just want Zayn away from me, it's because I love him. And he diserves someone who is going to love him as much as he loves her. Which is what he should find in Rebecca. And if it ends in heartbreak? Well, we're all screwed... Kidding. If it does, Zayn knows he could ome to us for a shoulder to cry on. Too bad Zayn doesn't cry, he just mopes on and on for a few days before coming to him sences again. One of the many things I admire about him!