Chapter 23

[ Zayn's POV ]

I honestly do not know how long I have been laying here with Niall. And I do not care. He needed comfort, so I will always be here to give him what he wants. We haven't spoken a word to each other this whole time. If Niall did say something, he was only making sure I was awake. I do not really know for sure how he feels, which is why I'm not saying anything. But I refuse to leave his side.

We were sitting up on the bed with our backs pressed against the wall. Niall's sweet little head was resting on my shoulder, and my head was on his. He shook slightly, still crying from the days events. I'm pretty sure he is calmed down now, though.

"Zayn... You awake?"

"Yeah." I nodded slightly, not wanting to move so much. He was probably already traumatized enough, why shake him up more?

He sighed, burying his face in my neck. God, I cannot let him be like this! I do not like this side of Niall. The side that's all quiet and depressed. I like the Niall that never quits talking, that is always hungry for Nandos no matter how much he eats, and is always hyper and crazy. I like THAT Niall, not this one!

"Niall?"

"Yeah?"

"I just want to let you know that I love you."

"Tanks, mate," he said. I love when his Irishness shows a lot.

"Ahem!"

"Oh! I love you, too."

I giggled. Gosh, Niall, you always forget to say it back. I smiled and ran my fingers through his blonde hair and smiled with it. Is it always this soft, or what? I could touch this all day! He whacked my knee playfully and I laughed.

"Nialler.. You know that Liam is just phasing, right? Tomorrow, I'll arrange for you two to get together and talk. Deal?"

Niall nodded. "Only if you come, too."

"Oh, no. I don't think I could-"

"Please," Niall interrupted. "I cannot do it without you, Zayn. Please? For me?"

I stared into his pleading blue eyes and sighed. "Fine."

"Thank you so much, Zayn!" Niall hugged me tightly.

I don't know what I've got myself into...

It was early the next morning before I finally caved in and went with Niall to talk to Liam. There may be yelling, there just might be crying. I don't care if I have to run across the ocean and back. Someone is going to apologize today, no matter what. It was around ten this lovely morning, and Harry and Louis were the last ones awake, as always. Niall and I walked slowely, still in our pajamas, to Liam's cozy little flat. Is Niall nervous at all right now, because I am! If he is nervous, he definetely does a fantastic job of hiding it from me. But based on last night, he is definetely not so great at hiding emotions.

"Zayn, I'm scared," Niall announced, pulling my arm back.

Question answered.

I stopped and looked into his eyes. "Niall, I am here for you, mate. I will not leave you, don't worry." I reached down and squeezed his hand lovingly. "I promise."

"In case you didn't notice, not everyone can keep promises."

"Who ever said I was 'everyone'?"

Niall smiled a cheeky smile at me and squeezed my hand tight once more before dropping it back at my side. I pat his back and contined walked towards Liam's door. Who knows? Danielle might even be in here. I don't give a damn. It was a risk I am more than willing to take right now. Anything for Niall.