Chapter 25

"Liam, you aren't acting like yourself," Danielle says softly.

She caresses Liam's cheek and kisses him softly on the lips. Liam kissed her back motionlessly. He didn't mean for these things to happen. He wanted to make it all right, he just did not know how. He wanted to lay down, to cry in his own pit of despair, to be alone. But most of all, he wanted Niall back. Who knew how heartbroken Liam would be? He certainly didn't know, and he felt horrible.

He just wanted his best friend back.

[ Liam' POV ]

This isn't the One Direction I know. We were all unusually silent in the recording booth. Not even Louis had something clever to say. All of us sat patiently and awkwardly behind the mixing table, awaiting our cue to enter the studio. Danielle sat down on my lap, sipping her hot tea. Yes, I brought her here with me, but not because I wanted things to be weird.

I brougt her because she's possibly the only one who'll talk to me.

I sat near the end, in between Louis and the wall. Danielle was moving the rolly-chair with her feet. I closed my eyes as we rolled slowely back and forth. I opened them to find Louis staring at me. He gave me a reasurring smile. I was too weak from pain, heartbreak, and regret to smile back, but I tried. He pat my knee thoughtfully and sighed.

"What song are you singing first?" Danielle asked, wrapping her hand in my hair.

"Moments," Louis answered. I could tell he was somewhat annoyed at her being here, but he was trying with all his will-power to put up with her.

"Oh my God!" Danielle shrieked. "I love that song!"

Harry, Zayn, and Niall looked back at her, giving her dirty looks when she wasn't looking. I completely understand that they don't like her. Hell, they don't have to like her. But theybcould at least try to be nice to her. For me. But if you think about that, none of them really liked me right now. Except for Zayn. I have no idea why Zayn and Niall have been so distant this fine morning. Well, scratch that. I know why Niall hates me. But why Zayn?

"Come on, lads," the studio directir, named Dan, said to us. He had dark hair, brown eyes, and was extremely pale.

Danielle climbed out of my lap as I stood up. She pecked me quickley on the cheek as I walked past her and into the sound booth. I normally always stood beside Niall, but I am sure he wouldn't like that at this moment. We all filed in one by one in the large booth. I stood on the end, beside Louis, which was normally Zayn's spot. We stood in the order of Niall, Zayn, Harry, Louis, then me.

We all slid on our customized headphones that the studio got us for Christmas. Mine were blue and plain, Louis' were white with blue stripes, Harry's was all plain blue with a silver color lining the edges, Zayn's was blue with white on the sides as they resembled a Varsity jacket, like the ones he always wore. Niall's were just plain blue with an 'N' on the side. Well, they all had our initials on them, but Niall insisted that his 'N' stood for 'Nandos'. No surprise there, huh? They were all navy blue because they know that we color-code whilst on stage.

Dan nodded at us and flipped one of the many switches on the sound board. The music started and I stepped towards the microphone. I was shaking...but I never get nervous. Is that really how bad I feel about this whole situation?

"Shut the door.. Turn the light off. I wanna be with you. I wanna feel your love," I sang, the song echoing through my mind. "I wanna lay beside you. I cannot hide this, even though I try.."

Louis and Niall hummed background vocals, and damn they sounded perfect.

"If we could only have this life for one more day," Harry sang. He sounded amazing, like always. "If we could only turn back time.."

"You know I'll be your life, your voice, your reason to be my love. My heart is breathing for this Moment in time. I'll find the words to say.... Before you leave me today."

Oh, dear God. Here comes the part that always makes my heart flutter in amazement. The one part in this entire song that meant something real and personal to me. Whenever this part came, I just knew in my heart that there something, anything left of me and Niall. All the feelings that built up...it feels amazing in my chest. And it wasn't even because of the words, it's because of the singer..

"Shut the door. Throw the key. Don't wanna be reminded, don't wanna be seen. Don't wanna be without you. My judgements clouded, like tonights sky.."

Near the end of his verse, he took Zayn's hand.. What is that about? I watched them through Harry's verse, feeling a sting in my stomach. Why are they so close all of a sudden? Why are they holding hands? That question rang through my mind as we sang the chorus again. My eyes were glued on them, still locking fingers.

That sting... was jealousy.

Zayn finally let go of Niall's fingers at his part. "If I should lie to mind, going back to the time, playing games in the street, kicking balls with my feet. There's a numb in my toes standing close to the edge. There's a part of my clothes at the end of your bed. As I feel myself fall, make a joke of it all..."

He looked back and smiled at Nisll, who smiled right back at him.

This 'jealousy' thing moved from my stomach to my heart. My chest ached in the pain of finally realizing whay I had done.. I let him go, I broke his heart, I lied, I cheated, I was a bitch, he moved on, and now he's over it. Just like that. Was I that easy to forget? No... No! Things weren't meant to play out like this, not at all.

Do I even diserve a happy-ever-after anymore?

-----------------------------

So, there you go. I kinda have writers block, and I wasnt supposed to upload today. I am so depressed.

Anyway, tell me what you think. Liam is finally coming back to his sences, but what now?

Comment, loves.

XOX, Maddie