Chapter 20

[ Liam's POV ]

Niall. Danielle. Liam and Niall. Liam and Danielle. Niall and Danielle. Danielle and I.. Niall and I. Which one sounded better? ... Okay, am I really deciding which friend to hang out with? But that's the thing... Niall isn't my "friend,"... He's my boyfriend. We're a couple now, and that's what I want. At least that's what I tell myself I want. I have loved Niall since forever, then Danielle came in with her feminine self and almost ruined our relationship.. Of course I think they are both amazing, but it feels weird. Is this how love really feels? And if it is how love feels, am I feeling it with Niall or Danielle? I couldn't possibly be in love with Danielle, considering I just met her, but could it be Niall? I just need a few days to decide, then everything will be okay... I hope.

I took in a deep breath and picked up my phone, dialing an all-to-familiar number. I waited anxiously for the other end to answer, as it took them a while. The butterflies in my stomach got the best of me and I hung up, tossing my phone on the bed. I just stared at it, hoping they would call back, but nervous for the ring. I couldn't stand this waiting any longer, so I picked the phone back up and dialed again. I started pacing, and that was not like me. I don't normally get nervous, but this time I was. I wanted to be a good boy, to make everyone happy. But I guess sometimes you can't do that. You cannot please everyone know matter how hard you try, so I'll start one at a time.

They finally answered.

"Hey!" I stammered nervously. "Whatcha doing today? .... Oh! Sorry. .... How about I pick you up? ... Great! Can't wait to see you!"

I hung up the phone, thinking deeply about this. If I picked one over the other, would the other hate me? We could still be friends, right? God, help me! I'm a bloody idiot! I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I'm just the pathetic heartbreaker, that's all I ever will be. Dumbass.

I ignored my little battle with myself and got dressed in jeans, a red Jack Wills hoodie/jumper, matching red Surpras, and a dogtag necklace. I didn't know what I was doing, but someone would be hurt. Badly. All because of me..

I drove and drove until I finally arrived at my destination. I sat in the car patiently awaiting my target. If anyone caught me here, I'm dead. I don't even know myself why I'm here. Maybe I'm nervous, maybe I'm scared.. Maybe I'm a dumb idiot... Either way, I stayed firm in my car park and waited for the doors to open.

My heart did a head-first dive down into my chest when they finally did open. I watched as a few girls pranced out, all giddy and happy. Then I saw her. Yes, her. I saw Danielle and another one of her friends come out of the doors. Danielle kissed her cheek and watched her skip off. I smiled ear-to-ear when she noticed me. My smile never faded as she ran up to the passenger seat of my car.

"Liam!" she gushed, sliding into the seat.

"How was practice?" I asked whilst hugging her tightly. I could feel her breath hit my neck, and it made me smile even wider. This is what it should feel like. A boy and a girl, her Prince Charming and his Cinderella, a normal relationship.

"It was phenominal!" she answered with a giggle. "I landed my double today!"

"I have no idea what that is," I admitted with a giggle. "but I am absolutely positive you looked amazing while doing it." I grinned as she blushed and started the car.

"Where are you taking me?" she asked, placing her hand on mine.

I looked over at her. "Where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere. As long as I'm with you."

Those two sentences made my heart beat faster. Was it because this was wrong, or way too right? I don't know, and I don't care. This was only a test to see which one could make me feel right.

I drove down the road and parked on the curb. After openeing my own door, and quickley jumped around the car and opened the door for her. She grinned wildly, her perfect white teeth were practically glowing.

"Well, popstar. Aren't you a gentleman?" She smirled.

"I dabble," I replied, momentarilly stealing Louis' term. I turned my back to her and bent down. "Hop on, dancer."

"Are you sure?" she asked, looking down at me.

I nodded and she hopped on. She wrapped her slender arms around my neck and her legs around my waist. I put my hands on her upper thigh to support me, and continued walking. She giggled and poked my cheek, and I laughed. Whatever was so funny, I laughed at it. Her body fit was perfect for mine, and I liked it.

"What happened to MY Liam never breaking promises?"

What the? I turned around, Danielle still clinging helplessly to my back. Niall, Harry, Louis, and Zayn stood there, eyeing Danielle and I carefully. Shit. How did Niall know I was here? I thought the boys were still sleep when I left the house. It was quite early for us, after all. Danielle squeezed my neck tighter.

"Niall," I started with a sigh, but he cut me off.

"What happened to promises, Liam?" he asked again, his blue eyes forming tears.

I put Danielle down, and she gripped my arm. "Niall, listen, I-"

"No!" he said. "I trusted you, Liam. And you let me down."

I couldn't think of anything to say. He loved me. And I really did love him. He trusted me, and I gave him a reason to. I let him down, and the look on his face said it all. I started breathing heavily, finally coming to terms with what was happening. Harry and Louis looked stunned, Zayn looked like he wanted to attack me. But Niall. Oh, Niall. He looked hurt and scared. I hate this look on his face, and it's all my fault. I did it. He's the victim, and I am the horrible person that got his hopes up, then shot him to the ground. I couldn't even believe it myself.

"I never want to see you ever again!" Niall exclaimed, turning around to run.

I wanted so desperatly to run after him, but Danielle held me tight. I wanted to run after him, kiss him, love him, and explain everything. But I am a jerk.

"Nialler!" Zayn yelled, running after him.

"Liam?" Harry asked, giving me a look that I have never seen on his cute little face before.

Danielle pulled my arm closer to her, like I was protecting her. I choked back tears and looked down at Harry's shoes. What was I even supposed to say? That I cheated? It wasn't even technially cheating anyway, right? Or maybe it was... Maybe I'm a dumb fuck who didn't recognize my horrible deeds before they happened.

Harry then turned on his heel, grabbed Louis' wrist, and ran off in the direction of Niall and Zayn.

I couldn't handle it anymore. I broke down in tears, right there in the middle of the sidewalk. I cried and cried. Danielle probably thought I was a fool. She probably hated me, too. Everyone did. They always do. I am never going to be perfect enough for them, and Danielle knew it damn well. Then, I felt her hands snake across my shoulders and she pulled me into a hug. I rested my head on her lap as we sat there on the path. And I sobbed into the only person who would even stand to look me at me. The only person who still loved me. The only person who still trusted me. The one who cared about me, and called me Popstar, and made me look good.

The one who made everything feel right again.

Danielle.

---------------------------------------

Yay! 20th chapter! Comment what you think, and vote vote VOTE! I love you all, dorks. [;

XOX, Maddie<3

Ps, when you comment, try to imagine Liam's side of the story as well. He only wanted peace and to see which person was right for him.. Comment. [: