Chapter 16

[ Niall's POV ]

I love Liam, but I have another. Another hot, firey, passion that I simply cannot live without. And that is food. You should've guessed. I bit hard down on to Harry's famous blueberry pancakes and get ready for the show in London tonight. I don't know about the other guys, but I'm pumped for tonights gig. London fans are so beautiful and crazy. I just love them.

Liam sat beside me, spraying whipped cream on his pancakes. I watched him carefully as he sprayed some then licked it off, then repeated the process again. I bet you think it's creepy watching someone eat, but Liam is so cute. Liam James Payne. Even his name is perfect.

"Enjoying the view?"

I could feel myself blush. Liam had caught me red-handed staring at him. Normally, I would make up a lame excuse as to why I was looking at him in the first place, but instead I just dipped my finger in his growing whipped cream pile and dapped it on to his nose.

Liam smirked, grabbed the spray can, and sprayed a bit on my nose this time. I blushed harder, loving the way his eyes looked.

"Hey!" I said, sliding my finger across the bridge of his nose. I licked my finger as he laughed and hit my other arm playfully.

Liam leaned in and licked the whipped cream off of my nose. His warm breath felt tingly on my forehead, and his breath smelt of cinnamon, mint, and blueberries. His tongue on me sent warm chills down my spinal column. I breathed in quickley, squirming a bit in my seat. Liam smiled and wrapped an arm around me.

"Vas 'appenin'?" Zayn announced as he walked through the front door of Harry's flat. He was in sweats and his hair was a bit off, probably because he just woke up.

"Morning, Zayn!" all of us said together, except for Liam. Liam just shifted in his seat and removed his hand from around my shoulders. I turned to glance at him, giving him a What-The-Hell look, but he refused to meet my eyes. I shrugged it off, not wanting it to get to me. After everything that went down in Paris, I refused to let someone come between us again. Paris probably had enough of us anyway, after all that sight-seeing and eating we did. I'm so glad to be back in the UK.

"Yum! Pancakes!" Zayn smiled politely as Harry handed him a plate with two blueberry pancakes with whipped cream and fruit. He walked to where Liam and I were sitting, and sat beside Liam. "Ello, boys."

"Hey." I smiled lovingly at him, giving him a look of pure friendship.

Liam bit his bottom lip and pushed himself off the couch. I watched him walk towards the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked as he opened the door and took a step out.

"My lift." He shut the door gently.

I glanced at Zayn, who shrugged. Was Liam still holding a grudge against Zayn? Oh, I hope not. I wish we went back to the way things were. Back to the days of being One. One Direction, that is. Now we are just us, and I don't want it that way.

So what's going through Liam's head? And did it involve Zayn and me?

Comment? [;