The Most Misunderstood Epidemic:

Mental Illness Affectng Overall Society In Our World!

Since I viewed a video on the Sick Not Weak website by Leanne Simpson a week ago, I really thought long and hard about the pros of disclosing my mental illness (depression and anxiety) with my managers and co-workers. And after viewing her video on this subject, I thought, why wouldn't it be a good idea to discuss or share with co-workers and managers in the workplace?

We don't disclose our mental illness(s) to say that we aren't as capable as others or use it as an excuse. We are just sharing this important fact with them for our mental illness(s) will show up at one point in our future work shifts in the workplace. So it would be a good idea to clear the air to them to clarify why they'll find us in panic, with anxiety, or act different (less unergtic, positive, etc). We aren't gonna promise that we won't experience our mental illness while working in the workplace in the future.

So many people like employers, parents, siblings and others don't see the big picture of the whole world as it truly is. Why? Because they only see it the way they are. The world may be one thing but being what it should be is even better than it was in the past. Because everyday is an opportunity to do better, give more, love more, improve ourselves every second of every day. It may seem like a lot of work to maintain our own mental health but it's just as important as our physical health. So why aren't we all taking care of our mental health just like we are with our physical health?

Why are going for dental, and physical checkups but never openly and often or even at all going for mental health checkups. Why is this? If mental health was part of the educational curriculum in schools years ago for when our parents were in school, then maybe would that have made the stigma and discrimination around mental illness and health a huge portion less than what the stigma is visibly present in our current future?

"Mental Illness stigma kills more humans than the rest of society has ever lead to believe. Their words are what triggers suicidal kids, teenagers to act on their suicidal thoughts using a gun or other props."

Our parents teach us to become responsible citizens of society yet I've noticed with my own experiences with my parents that their parenting logic isn't as logical and wise as they may lead themselves to believe. Some are logical, fair and ethical but the rest of the parenting skills and lessons are harming their kids mental health. Let's start with their high expectations. Another is expecting their kids to do regular daily house chores daily and without many attempts/asks from them to complete the tasks.

They don't realise that their expectations are too high for they are too closed-minded to open their eyes enough to notice little hints that they are not okay adn that the ways they've treated them over the years have impacted their mental health negatively and have been taught by their own examples that it's okay and not a bad thing to beat yourself up/being hard on yourself when you don't do something or regret something you should've or shouldn't have done. This kind of behaviour is not healthy nor positive.

Parents thinks they know what's best for their kids, but for their lack of education on mental health, they think their logics, reasoning, and overall methods and reliable and experiences to prove the statement as accurate logics. Therefore with their lack of education on mental health, parents are blind to what's harming and hurting them.

No matter how many times and explained or memories in the past that you use for examples and references, they are the ones hurting their own kids without becoming aware. Being mindful of this is truly and crucially important to practice mental health wise. Words are one thing but actions are another thing which is important that whatever you say and promise, you live by them.

They inspire their kids with inspirational quotes, examples, their own childhood memories and life lessons but they don't live up to them. They don't set the example by using stress and organizational skills to manage these two life situations that all humans deal with everyday; as an example. They aren't being mindful and aware of what harm they are doing and what they are missing when inspiring and parenting their kids until it's too late...suicide.