Mental Health Awareness

These are the kinds of symptoms that people who suffer with depression experience along with numbness and paralyzing pain. The numbness is when it takes away your voice. You try your absolute hardest yet nothing happens, not one word comes out. Your lucky if you get anything out. This is exactly that I've been going through symptom wise and I can't seem to get this straight to my parents and my sister.

My sister and parents think I'm making up excuses for the times that I barely made an normal regular communication with them. That's not it at all. The numbness took away my voice, I'm lucky and they are lucky if they get anything out of me, other then when I argue. I try. They hear me but they don't listen to me. They say they are educated on mental health and mental illness, but they aren't as updated as it is in our new generation that mental illness is known for now.

It's unfair, and sad yet still in its long process of removing the stigma around the subject. Going through any mental illness, we are lead to believe ourselves at some point that once we recover from it, it doenst mean it won't happen again. It can, but not as bad if you take better care for your mental health to the absolute extent.

Recovery is not perfect and it doesn't take one day off. Whether you take one day off your recovery or not, you're still gonna go through at least one relapse and for sure some slip-ups along the long journey we call recovery. Recovery never ends, and humans can live a healthy, positive and empowering life with mental illness as quoted by Demi Lovato as she stated in her speech for Hilary Clinton.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2016/jul/26/demi-lovato-mental-illness-dnc-clinton-video?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other