Telling Your Story & Inspiring The World

Telling our stories around mental illness and other such stories that inspire and encourage others to share theirs is such a huge and crucial part of many different things. Sharing our stories around mental illness overall mental health is an important part of breaking the stigma around it.

We have accomplished some sort of progress in breaking the stigma and discrimination particularly with depression and anxiety, but others like schizophrenia, post-traumatic stress disorder, bipolar disorder and others are still being viewed at "taboo". We need to continue doing our parts in this epidemic and educate ourselves more of it and others that we love both our friends, families, co-workers and other people we associate ourselves in reality to help contribute to further progressing in breaking the stigma around mental illness overall mental health.

We need to do all we can to contribute. And believe that both small and big acts with one's contribution to shedding light to this epidemic count and will show great changes in our society!

Demi Lovato's Speech, Supporting Hilary Clinton
Like millions of Americans, I am living with mental illness. But I'm lucky. I had the sources and support to get treatment at a top facility. Unfortunately too many Americans from all walks of life don't get help either because they fear the stigma or cannot afford treatment. Untreated mental illness can lead to devastating consequences including suicide, substance abuse & long term medical issues.

We can do better. Every one of us can make a difference. By getting educated on this epidemic and its frightening statistics by breaking the stigma, I urge every politician to support laws that will provide access to better health care and support for everyone.

This is not about politics. It's simply the right thing to do.

I'm doing my very small part by having the treatment centre that saw me through my recovery on tour with me so that at least a small group of people even for a brief moment can have the same support that I received. It may not be a lot but we have to believe every small action counts. I stand here today as living proof that you can live a normal and empowered life with mental illness.