Episode 19

Max jumped out of the canoe and brought it in.

"When I lived on Harsens Island, I lived with a family of penguins. They kept the air conditioning on, even in winter! Once their cousin Humphrey Penguin visited. He came from Antarctica, where he once slipped on the ice, and went into the frigid waters. Once underwater, he was lured by Wally Whale to visit an underwater cave, where wonderful things were supposed to happen.

It turned out that the cave just had cheap junk for sale, at outrageous prices. Ever since then, Humphrey had stayed on land, if it all possible. So when the family invited Humphrey to go for a ride with them on their boat, not wanting to be an ungrateful guest, Humphrey reluctantly agreed. But he obviously wasn't having a good time. One of the penguin children yelled "On the big water that's one wary bird."

Fortunately, we didn't force Humphrey to stay on the boat very long. That evening, we made a fire, and made up stories about what it would be like, if we were all slugs."

Max then looked around, and realized that no one had been there to listen to what he had just said. He grew silent, wondering what had ever become of Humphrey Penguin, after his visit to Harsens Island.