Alex raises his eyebrow suspiciously before looking at me. "Okay Lenny, before you say yes, let's hear his plan and be rational-"

"I'm in," I say.

"Of course, why would anyone listen to me- oh look they're not even paying attention to me, having their secret telepathy conversations, ah great," Alex complains as he motions toward us, his arms crossing over his chest as he pouts.

"Mate don't worry, you're a part of this plan too, as the matter of fact, I'm going to need your help," Jon tells him.

Alex narrows his eyes. "Oooh, I see where this is going." He wags a finger at him. "I'll be forced to be a distraction while you two do the main shit, right? What's it gonna be, me dressing in drag and doing the hula?"

"Just hear me out, this won't be a standard escape plan, I don't want to brag but I kind of have to-" Jon smiles sweetly "- since this is a genius move on my part. I've found a perfect way to escape, no one would be able to track us down if we pull it off right."

I lean toward him eagerly, curious to hear what his plan is. My heart flutters at the possibility of Alex and I running away from here for one last time, finding a safe place somewhere on the North or anywhere else away from here. And once we do, we would decide what to do next, away from all the danger and pain.

"Okay, but not here, someone might hear us," I say as I stand up. "Get up, time to get down to business."

. . . .

"Wait, if you want to escape with us, why haven't you tried that before?" Alex asks Jon suspiciously as he casually sits on the bed in Jon's room, leaning backwards and resting his weight on his elbows.

"Let's just say I have a strong motivation this time, I mean where would I go before?" Jon replies. "Besides, I would need help to pull it off, there was no way to do it alone. Those hallways are underneath the main building, the entrance being in the conference room. I work as a guard here, only the soldiers who go on missions have access to the room."

"Listen, are you sure those hallways even exist?" I ask him. "What if we plan everything out and they're not even there? Or what if the hallways are blocked?"

"I know they're there, trust me," Jon says with a reassuring smile, placing his tattoed hand on my shoulder. "And you have to take risks sometimes to get what you want, isn't that right? Also, this plan is really cool, we can pretend to be super spies or something."

"Look at him, using his smile to warm up to you, tsk tsk." Alex shakes his head. "Lenny, are you sure we can trust him? According to my data that I've collected about him, he's such a shady person, alone most of the time. Why would he be alone if he has nothing to hide-"

"I didn't see you making any friends around here either, Sherlock," Jon remarks.

Alex waves his hand carelessly, rolling his eyes. "Details, details. Anyway, I have a question. What about Seth? The guy's flying around Elena like a moth around the flame and I don't think distracting him would work because he doesn't like me, besides he's really tall and strong and I bruise really easily, and do you know what constant injuring does to my already sensitive skin? I choose life, no thanks."

I let out a sigh. "I'll deal with Seth, don't worry."

"Lenny, you don't mean. . . I don't fucking think so, he's not touching you again." Alex stands up, a deep frown settling on his face.

"Don't worry, distracting him won't be necessary." Jon smirks. "I'm pretty sure he's going to be very busy when we set our plan into action my confused twin friends, you're in hands of a mastermind."