Talk About A Woman

Start from the beginning

"Well my name is Ashley!" I kind of announces with a large wisp and yeah I was still growing out my voice. "how can I help you?"

"You can't fucking help me kid just let me fucking die here!" the girl screamed. Well now I was goin' on in. I went into another stall and crawled under the side where there was a beautiful young woman no older than maybe 13 or 14 years old. She was a graduate. 

She had naturally long curled waves, greenish eyes and growing breast with defining cheekbones. She was too gorgeous, captivating even. Her beauty pulled me in a rough spot. "I won't let you die!" I was too persistent with anyone.

I examined the teen's body even farther. She was heaving, under duress her shoulder blades and the collars were sinking in making her appear more skinnier and over her graduation certificate was blood. Not ruby, it was the darkest blood that puddled up over the glass frame. I removed the certificate from the covering view of her arms and dress for to further examine. I chuck it across the bathroom and see her black dress bloodied and  blood pooling into the marble floors and wrist were cut up, skin was peeling back like cheese from a shredder and gashes were so deep behind the white meet to the very flesh. This girl could die! "why do such a thing?"

The girl only shook her head; now looking at her dizziest. "they were wrong!" the girl threw up over her dress. I smack her cheeks a bit. "I want to go where my father is."

"God is here with us all!" I assure the girl before me. 

"Ray; my father died." the girl's accent was thick as if she had come from somewhere else. Very Southern and obtuse. "he left us to be taken!"

I could then understand this girl's pain; my mother was a dying woman. She only now had weeks left but was already dead, mama had barely spoke or done much and most of the time her mind was elsewhere when she wasn't saying last rights everyday at twelve in the afternoon as if that time was for her to go. "my mother is dead!" I beat upon the girl's chest now angry at her. How dare she mock death and grieving upon others. I may  be young but I know death and it's in the face of beauty and hatred. "dying on a bed! Not home where she belongs but in a confining hospital, you have much life and you do this? What is the matter with you? Yes! You miss your father but you can get through this, escape this with the power to do any damned thing, you have worth and potential and is so beautiful!"

"That's why they took me." the girl whisper. 

I took her arms into my hand. "get help, this isn't over. You are going to be someone who gets back at all who wrong you." I held cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead. "please get help lady, you can't live life like this."

"How was your mother from before?" the girl ask looking over to me. 

I thought back to a better time when mama was alive like when we were at the park and all the roses had just bloom, and we lain in the fields. "she taught me so much, she loved so much and made sure my spirit is only the kindest and she teaches me that when she's gone no one is truly leaving. My mama kept everything in her heart."

The girl smiles. "what is your name girl?"

"Ashley Black," the bell rings now, filling my ears. "get help please." hopefully the girl before me would as I had high hopes while running out of the bathroom. Later on that day not much longer than an hour and a half ago ambulance were filling and clearing my school. I'd hope the girl was okay because a still pair of cinnamon toned feet were drifting off on a gurney. 

I didn't do much but cry and left school for later on my father didn't pick me up but my aunt did. She cried the way to take me to the hospital so then I witness my mother. She died a grant sixty seconds before I walked through the door. I lost.