Gunfire and explosions soon echo from the ground under us, so loud not even the propellers can block them out. My team and I are sitting strapped to the seats lined against the plane sides, facing each other, our weapons ready. Niall and Liam are on my sides while Louis, Jess, and Tori sit in the row opposite of us, serious expressions on their faces. I've recently discovered I absolutely hate flying, anxiety ripping me from the inside, making me think of every worst case scenario. What if a bird crashes into us and the pilot gets scared and we start falling down to our inevitable death-

"Harry mate, you alright?" Niall asks me, placing his hand on my shoulder. "You look a little green, not to mention you're gripping my thigh and I'm pretty sure there's no circulation anymore."

"Oh. . ." I remove my hand from his thigh, clearing my throat. "No no, I'm- uh I'm fine, I just love the ground. Yes, the ground is good."

I watch as some of the Hazard soldiers fight outside on their own, using tanks as their cover as they fire at the enemies while the rest are shooting from the tanks and vehicles. We've decided to create a diversion, making them busy while we attack the base. Since they expected us to attack from only the northern border, we've purposefully planned two simultaneous attacks, which means Wildfire is striking from the other side while their deserters attack from the other. We have them almost completely surrounded.

My goal is to find that fuckface Seth and leave Vortex without their leader. If you take away a leader from an army, you make it vulnerable and only a few hard strikes would be enough to take it down. Of course, I also want to find Elena and Alex, hoping both of them are okay. We decided to be careful with bombing buildings in Vortex, wanting to avoid harming any innocent children. 

The wall surrounding the base comes into my sight, making me smirk as we near it. Even though the number of military vehicles protecting it is quite large, most of them seem to be driving away toward the three different areas being attacked at the same time, basically welcoming us into their base on a red carpet. They might as well give me the keys and we can get this over with, that's how easy it is. Of course, this took weeks of careful planning, hours of sleepless nights and hard work. It all paid off at the end.

My uniform is heavy with a number of weapons tucked into every single pocket, from guns, knives and bombs to rifles on my shoulder and ammunition strapped over my torso, hanging from my shoulders. Vortex is being attacked from all sides by the army much larger than theirs, having almost no chance of winning. The other part of the plan is to implant bombs in most of their buildings and blow them up, destroying the base and claiming the territory as ours. The problem are Vortex's allies who could easily attack us when we do that, so we need Seth to officially surrender.

"Guys, let the fun begin," I say as I press my earpiece. "Oh, but not too much fun, make sure to cover for us. Every team knows what to do, careful while infiltrating the buildings. Teams One to Five, take the left side, teams Six to Ten the right, the rest make sure they don't get in their way."

"Yes, sir!" Everyone says at the same time.

Oh yeah, I'm back.

Our plane hovers over the top of one of the buildings and we start leaving it one by one, using a rope ladder. Liam and Louis casually glance around while Niall jumps on the top with two guns in his hands, a huge grin on his face. Tori and Jess have a mission of their own, nodding at us as the plane takes off.  I walk toward the edge of the building, watching as dozens of my soldiers run inside, going in various directions as instructed and taking the enemy down. Everyone knows what is their duty, who to protect, where to go once they take care of their duty.  We thought about every single detail, the plan being the result of the people such as my father, who have over two decades of experience with warfare.