*Chapter 2*

Mia's POV

After descending the stairs, I wandered towards the fridge to prepare myself a drink. Just as I finished pouring my glass of juice, my brother strode into the kitchen and snatched it from the bench.

"How did you know I wanted something to drink! Are you psychic?" he asked with a smirk as he sculled my drink.

"You could have gotten your own glass!" I retorted with an eye roll.

Jaron wiped his mouth with his sleeve before continuing. "One, I'm incredibly lazy, and two, it's just not as fun as getting you to do it for me" he finished with a wink before setting the empty glass back on the counter, patting my shoulder and disappearing upstairs.

I didn't care enough to continue this silly argument, so I poured myself another glass of juice, just finishing it when my parents entered the kitchen.

"Did you unpack your stuff alright honey?" my mother asked with a kind smile.

"Yep" I replied popping the 'p' and putting the juice back in the fridge.

"Your father and I are going grocery shopping and we will be back with lunch, ok?" she inquired whilst slinging her handbag gracefully over her shoulder.

"We are?" my father asked with a dumbfounded look on his face.

"Don't be stupid, we were just talking about it!" my mother replied, lightly hitting his shoulder in the process.

"Oh ok" he replied with a pout on his face.

Call me childish but seeing my father being dragged into chores he was reluctant to engage with was incredibly funny.

Accepting his defeat, he plastered on a cheerful face when my mother threatened her with one of her classic death stares. As they're appropriately named, they're deadly and do not want to be contested with.

"Alright, bye honey!" my mother said smiling and heading towards the door.

"If I don't come back, you know what happened!" my father quickly called out before he was dragged out the door.

My "Bye guys" echoed throughout the empty foyer as I called out just as the door closed. Heading back upstairs, I decided I was in dire need of a shower, considering all the time spent at the airport, on the plane, and finally the car ride over. Grabbing a couple of towels from the linen closet, I crossed the hallway into the bathroom and closed the door. I turned on the shower, letting the water heat up as I removed my clothes, before stepping under the hot water. Like most girls, I appreciate a bit of heat to my showers, although Jaron likes to tease me, telling me my shower temperature is 'lightly scolding'.

After letting my body soak up the warm water for a couple of minutes, I began washing my hair before moving on to washing my body and finally shaving. Before hopping out of the shower, I ran my fingers through my chocolate brown hair, ensuring all the shampoo and conditioner had been washed out before I turned off the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. Just as I finished covering my modesty, the bathroom door handle turned, and I was completely unprepared for what I saw.