Chapter 67

BG and JJ are in their way to Momma Becky's house when she calls. BG tells her they will talk about it when he gets there. JJ has talked to Oakley and she is so hurt by what Ko did that JJ doesn't know if she will even come to the wedding now. She finally got Oakley calmed down and promised she would get to the bottom of it today when Ko isn't drunk. JJ thinks to herself that this is not what she wanted to be doing the week before her wedding.
  BG pulls in the driveway and parks. Momma comes out and said," Will you please tell me why you felt the need to beat on your brother last night?"
   "I warned him momma that if he hurt Oakley then he would get an ass whoopin' and that is exactly what happened. Now is he up cause if he ain't he is about to be."BG said.

"Yes he is up and eating some breakfast. I can't tell if he's moving slow from the fight or hangover."

"Probably both"

They all walk in and Ko looks up and JJ asks," You want to explain to me what happened last night? What possessed you to take that picture and send it to Oakley? Cause what you did was complete opposite of what we discussed last week Ko"

"Yeah well I'm not the one you need to question JJ why don't you ask Oakley  where she was last night and who she was with before you come at me. I knew I would get hurt that she was too young and that I was crazy. "

" I know exactly where she was last night Ko she had a double header area softball game. She was on the bus when she got your picture cause she text me and I text Lana to make sure she was okay and made it home okay. "

"Then explain how I get this picture sent to my phone from an unknown number? "

JJ and BG look at the picture and it is Oakley and Tyler in an embrace and they are kissing. JJ looks at the picture and said," that picture was taken last summer Ko she has on shorts and is tan but look at her legs she has strawberries from sliding. Someone is trying to keep y'all apart and you fell for it instead of asking her you just wanted to hurt her like you were hurting.  I just hope     she will forgive you cause you did do what you sent her."

Ko looks like he was gonna cry and JJ said,"Go call her and see if she will listen to your explanation and be prepared to beg and grovel for a while."

BG said," Ko I am gonna say this, if you weren't so wasted last night then you might have been able to figure it out then and have kept from hurting the girl you care about.  So you may want to think about that and the fact that I have a problem and you may have one too. JJ said last night that she had already lost years to the bottle of one Gilbert brother she wasn't about to lose another. I agree with her. I can't lose you and I won't watch you make the same mistakes I did. So please in asking you to lay it down brother. "

Ko said," I have been thinking that myself and if that's what it takes to get Oakley back then I will. Now I'm gonna go make that call."

Momma looks at BG and JJ and told them thank you that she wasn't ready to lose another son either.

They sit and talk about the wedding and what all had to be done this week and how this time next week they would be getting ready for the wedding.

Ko came back in and he had a smile on his face. He said," When I sent her the picture I got and the number Oakley said she knew who had sent it. That she would forgive me because we weren't a couple and if the tables were turned she might have acted out too. I promised her that at the wedding I would talk to her parents and ask for their permission to date her. I want to make her my girlfriend but I have to do this the right way . I also told her that if I hadn't been drunk I might have figured it out last night and I don't want her to worry about it again so I am laying the bottle down. I can have fun without it. With the drinking I make stupid decisions that not only affect me but the people who I love and care about. I have too much to lose now to keep doing it."

JJ was crying and BG just hugged Ko cause he knew that they had just saved his baby brother from going through hell. Addiction is something that he knows too well and about lost it all himself.