Chapter 10

JJ reads the messages that BG sent over the last 5 years and she knows now that he didn't forget about her or choose Amber over her. Every time there had been something happen in his life he had sent her a text filling her in, hoping that she would respond. Then the last text kills her,

JJ I know you haven't responded to my texts over the last five years so I guess this will be my last one. It's like I am talking to a ghost. I know that you are alive and live in Alabama and are a school nurse I can see that from social media. What I don't see is you having someone special in your life and lots of babies like you always talked about. I have to wonder why? You are and always have been so beautiful. I was the lucky one in our friendship because I got to look at you everyday and call you my best friend. I hope you hear my new song and know that it is about you. I love you JJ and I miss you. My life isn't the same without you in it. Yeah I have Amber but she doesn't hold a candle to you in looks or in personality. You are special and I hope that you find happiness cause you deserve it more than I ever will. Some say Amber and I have the story book romance but what they don't know is I lost my happily ever after when you walked out of my life. I love you JJ, I always have and I always will I'm just sorry it took me this long to realize it. If you ever need me I am just a call away no matter how many years or miles separate us.

JJ gets up and walks downstairs and she asked Ko where he went. Ko told her he went outside. JJ follows him knowing that he is listening to her call and the pictures she sent him and she knows he's gonna break. She sees him leaned up on a fence and as she gets closer she can hear him sobbing. She does the only thing she knows to do and that is hold him. She puts her arms around him and leans into his back letting him know that she is there. They stay like this for quite a while and he turns and looks at her and pulls her close and holds her tighter than he ever has.
   "I'm sorry doesn't even begin to cover what I feel JJ. I don't know how you can even look at me much less come out here and hold me in your arms. Cause you are so right it is my fault I set all this in motion and I can't change it I can't go back but I wish I could. You amaze me JJ always have. You were my anchor you stood by me and didn't run when things got tough. You stayed the course with me not telling me that it was okay but telling me I was wrong and wasting my life. I honestly just wanted you to be happy JJ. "

" I know that BG I have been mad at you for so long but at the same time I miss you so damn much. Seeing you yesterday was like a punch in my gut cause it brought back all the feelings I had buried. When you touched me it was all I could do to walk away I just wanted you to pull me into your arms and never let me go. But Amber well I had to leave cause I couldn't stand seeing you touch and kiss her. It was like a damn knife in my heart every time. I know we didn't have that kind of relationship but I can't help it BG. So I left thinking once again I came up short in your eyes. I'm not gonna say that I can totally forgive you just yet but I'm working on it especially since I know that she kept us apart on purpose. I read your last message and did some research, you proposed to her when I didn't answer you back."
  "Yeah JJ I had to try I had to see if you felt anything for me and I thought I had gotten my answer so I asked her thinking she was the only happy I would get. Then when she told me what she had done, it was all I could do not to hit her that is when I told her to leave. When we got back she was still here I loaded her up and dumped her at the house gave her 2 hours to her her shit and get out. Changed the locks and codes I meant it I'm done with her. So thank you for getting drunk last night or I might have made the second biggest mistake of my life and married her."
"What was the biggest mistake?"
"Baby not telling you how I felt about you 10 years ago was the biggest mistake I have ever made. I realized when you were 17 and walked down the stairs in your prom dress that I loved you only I was to chicken shit to tell you. I had nothing to offer you and you were going places so I stayed in the friend zone. That was the biggest mistake. I had people tell me that you weren't worth fretting over and my response was always the same you don't know her like I do. I hope you knew that song was about you, everyone wanted to make it about Amber but it wasn't it was always you."
"That's funny cause on my way to work it came on the radio and I listened to it, really listened to it and it hit me that it was about me. That you had written that song about me and I wondered what it meant now that Amber was gone. Where do we go from here BG? I mean 5 years is a long damn time and we are different people. I know that being close to you well we know how that went earlier."
BG laughs," yeah we know that the physical is there but like you I wonder where we go from here. My life ain't easy being on the road a lot, but being totally honest I'm here for you JJ for the long haul however long it takes. I messed up once letting you walk and not telling you how I felt don't plan on doing it again darlin'"
JJ smiled,"Well then I guess we take it slow, day by day and see where it goes. Get to know each other again and see what happens. I'm not letting her keep us apart anymore. Although I will not be responsible for my actions if I see her and she opens her mouth to me. "
"Fair enough and I'm not responsible for what I do to Jace next time I see him." BG told her.
JJ hugs him and he hugs her back and pulls back and places a kiss on her lips and just looks into her eyes.