Chapter 40

JJ wakes up and looks at her left hand and smiles. She loves Nana's ring and the sentiment behind it. It makes her nervous though cause they are heading to Momma Becky's today for Thanksgiving and the whole family will be there it has been 5 years since she has been to one. Last one BG was at he had Amber with him. JJ wonders if all his family is gonna be okay with her and what Nana is going to say.
BG says," good morning darlin' what's on your mind so serious already?"
  JJ said," just nervous about telling your family we are engaged and what Nana is going to say about you giving me her ring"
BG rolled on top of JJ and kissed her and said," I don't care what my family has to say cause they ain't the one marrying you but I will tell you that it's gonna make my momma happy and Nana well I imagine she is going to cry cause she wanted my wife to have her ring but I knew that Amber would have pitched a fit cause it wasn't big or good enough for her and to be honest she wasn't good enough for Nana's ring. Pop gave it to his lifetime love and baby that is you for me. You are my lifetime love."
JJ kisses him after he says that and runs her hands over his chest and arms as she bites his lip and he growls,"woman you are playin with fire, you need to stop"
JJ laughs and runs her hand down his stomach and cups him and said,"I don't want to stop, I want to make love to my fiancé"
When she said that BG growled and it made her wet. He kissed down her neck and nipped her sweet spot. JJ ran her nails over his back gripping his butt and grinding into him. BG entered her and stroked her body with his hands as JJ ran her hands over his chest and gripped his shoulders as he brought them both to release. As they were catching their breath, BG's phone rings. He rolls over and answers it. JJ gets up and heads to the shower and as soon as the water gets warm she gets in. BG comes and steps in behind her telling her that was his momma and she wanted to know when they were coming. JJ laughed and said," Did you tell her that we were getting ready now?"
BG said,"Yeah I did and she told me that I had better behave and leave you alone"
JJ laughed," she has your number baby but I am glad that I got to wake up and love on my fiancé this morning. I have a lot to be thankful for this year. So glad I am not spending it alone this year, that I am home and get to spend it with family."
BG said," Baby girl from now on I promise you that you will not ever have to spend another holiday alone, you have a big family now."
They finish and get dressed. JJ does her hair and makeup as BG goes down and brings her some coffee. When he gets to the bathroom door he watches JJ and she is smiling looking at her ring. He knew she would love the simple gold band and solitaire more importantly she loved that it was his Nana's given to her by Pop. They had a love that was amazing and BG always knew that was the kind of love he was looking for too.
JJ catches him watching her and said," I still can't believe you want to give me Nana's ring. How are we gonna tell everyone and when?"
"Well baby girl I think you just wear it and see who notices it first and how long it takes someone to figure it out" BG said.
JJ said," Nana will notice first it's her ring"
She finished up and they got in her new Explorer and headed to his Momma's house in Jefferson.
When they got there, a crowd was already there. Several of his cousins and their families, Ko, Nana, and aunts and uncles. They both knew that so many people would be in and out today. They walk in and Momma comes up and hugs them both telling them the women were finishing the meal and the men were watching football. BG kisses JJ on the head and whispers," yell if you need me"
She said," oh no big boy you are going in there and hugging your Nana just in case she spits it right away."
They walk into the kitchen with BG making the rounds hugging all the women and he asked Nana if she brought her hash brown casserole cause if not it wasn't Thanksgiving. Nana laughed and told him she brought it. JJ hugged Nana and told her it was good to see her again. Nana said," Jennifer Justine it is about time you kicked his butt into gear and I am so glad you made him realize that you were meant to be together."
"Nana you know that I loved him all this time but I just wanted him happy" JJ replied.
"Well he wasn't happy Jennifer Justine but he is now, both of you are happy now"Nana said.
BG kisses JJ and said," I am going in here darlin'"
Nana looked at BG and said,"Brantley Keith don't you think you have some explaining to do? I thought you would be shouting from the rooftops your news."
Momma said," what news? Everyone knows they are together again"
Nana said," not that news"
JJ looked at Nana and she had tears in her eyes, then she looked at BG. Nana pulled JJ into a hug and said,"I knew that you were the one for him. The woman who would wear my ring and cherish it was the woman who was meant for my Brantley. I will give you Pop's ring when you set a date."
JJ said,"Nana how did you know I was gonna ask if I could have it for Brantley?"
"Cause one without the other doesn't work, just like y'all don't work apart but as a couple y'all will be amazing. Pop always said that you were his other half and that the rings would prove it." Nana said.
BG wraps his arms around his girls and said,"want to make the big announcement now that Nana knows?" JJ smiled "Yes I am ready to shout it from the roof top"
BG whistled and Momma looked at him mean and he said," I need everyone to come in her for a minute please."
Momma said," Brantley what are you doing?"
BG said," As soon as they get in here you will find out"
All the men came and gathered in the kitchen dining room area and BG said." JJ and I have something we want to share with everyone. Yesterday we took a walk down memory lane and at the end of it I asked JJ if she would marry me and she said yes!!"
JJ held up her hand with the ring and Momma said," that's Nana's ring oh me y'all it's real he's really getting married this time!!"
She started crying and every one else offered their congratulations. Ko came up and hugged JJ and said," you really will be my sister now"
They all looked at the ring and were amazed that it fit perfectly without BG having to have it sized. They all asked about a date and BG said," we haven't talked about that yet. JJ has to finish this year out at her school and then we will see what happens from there. We have a lot of details to figure out before we can set a date. We both have obligations to fulfill until May so we know that she won't be home until then. Please done say anything about her moving here because she has a chance at a state championship and we don't want her girls focusing on her leaving but on their goals. After basketball is over in February, then she will tell them that she is leaving."
JJ hugged him and said," have I told you how thankful I am to have you back in my life?"
BG leaned down and kissed her and he said," I am the one who is thankful."