33

"Are you done feeling sorry for yourself Ty? Because this pity party is getting old. Yes, I've done a lot to restore things, but if you hadn't held off the traitors then I never would have come here to restore things. Now, answer the question, do you still feel the wrongness that brought us here?"

Tyler doesn't like how Lisa was talking to him and moves off to sulk. Lisa can't believe how Tyler is acting and wants more than anything to smack him to get him to grow up. She sits down on a piece of rock that isn't too sharp and unable to help it any longer starts to cry. She manages to keep the sobs silent, but she can't stop the tears.

Tyler notices when he looks over to Lisa that she's shaking and can only guess that she's crying. He feels like an idiot and goes back over to her. "Lees, I'm sorry," he tries to apologize but Lisa jumps up from the rock and runs from him just wanting to be alone.

Fearing for her safety Tyler follows her and soon finds himself within the borders of the new forest. "Lisa, please, forgive me, come back to me." Tyler calls out but his voice is muted and doesn't seem to travel very far.

Tyler tries to move forward but the unicorn that acknowledged them earlier steps in front of him and stops him from moving forward. "She will be unharmed Prince. Princess Lisa will be safe as long as she remains here."

"You talk as if she won't be if she leaves." Tyler has more than a little fear of this being true.

"Your world is no friend to her as you are well aware Prince. Even now there are enemies seeking to bring you both down, they cannot find you while you are under my protection." Tyler senses more than a little mirth coming from the unicorn in front of him.

"Forgive me Lord Unicorn, but you I do not know." Prince Tyler replies and is more than a little leery of this strange unicorn.

"I would be surprised if you had heard of me since me and most of my kin were locked away for some time it appears. Princess Lisa has broken the enchantment and allowed us to return. I am more than just a lord, I am Rey. The magic of this land has lessened significantly, that is tragic, but perhaps not. 

"Tell me Prince, why does your princess cry?" The unicorn king demands.

"To tell you the truth I'm not entirely sure. We were talking about how much she'd done for Andreamore, how she'd be a far better ruler than I."

The unicorn king shakes his head. "Nay, Prince, it is your fate to lead this land, no one else's. The Princess would understand that inside herself even if she doesn't understand why. Have you told her what it means to be a sorceress? The difference between that and those that learn magic?"

"No, truth be told the only time something like that came up, I didn't have time to answer her question. I forget that she comes from a realm that has no magic." Tyler says sighing deeply.

The unicorn snorts in distaste. "There is magic in the Earth realm yet, it is just so hidden by science and disbelief that it is hard to find. There are those like Princess Lisa that can use the magic, it is just locked away until something breaks the lock. Tell me Prince what broke the lock on the Princess?"

"I was about to be killed, at least I think that was what broke the lock. In truth we've never looked too closely at it."

"Perhaps you should, because the lock was broken before you almost died. That was the catalyst though. Go and join your bride, you two are far stronger together than you are apart."

Tyler goes forward looking for Lisa. It takes him some time before he finally finds her still crying silently. "I'm sorry Lisa. You've given selflessly to Andreamore, in truth you've given far more than anyone should. I will remain on the throne unless the people request differently." Tyler says all this while moving towards her. Once he gets to her crying frame he kneels down by her and picks her up.

"You once asked me what it means to be a sorceress. At the time I was unable to answer due to circumstances. A sorceress is someone that has innate magical abilities and doesn't need to study spells. A wizardess would spend years to learn a small amount of what you do without thought. But it was the wizards that brought death to this land. Their spells were dark and brought death and despair." Tyler holds Lisa tight to him, her sobs quieted and she listens.

"It was the wizards that brought us to our knees. The sorcerer's fought to protect us, but in the end only a handful of them survived. Apparently some of the wizards survived as well and they are the ones to create the second war. We were so weak, so unprotected really it was a miracle that any of us survived."

"Could it be a wizard that targeted the dragons then? The illness wasn't magic like I can wield." Lisa asks not a little weary after all her tears.

"If there are any then yes, it more than likely could be. But from what I know, admittedly little, the last wizard died a thousand years ago." Tyler admits, but the more he thinks about it the more it makes sense.

"Yes, there is the death of wizard magic on the wind. Prince, Princess, your leave of the palace has been discovered and patrols have been sent out. My son, he is worried and my granddaughter is looking for you."

"Your son?" Lisa is confused, Tyler's eyes go wide as understanding hits.

"Lord Beauty, he is your son? He never claimed more than that."

"At the time he could not. With the restoration of the sacred forest he now can." Rey says in amusement.

"This is the sacred forest?" Tyler asks eyes going even wider if possible.

The unicorn looks at him with amusement, "How could you doubt it Prince? The sacred forest could not be destroyed or else Andreamore would die as would all things magical. That is why it was locked away. Magic will become stronger now I think. But it is still good that you sent the dragons to another realm to gain reinforcements and to restock those pesky pegasi." Rey gives off a sigh but Lisa is sure that there is a smile as well.

"Lady Shian will be here shortly you should wait for her in the meadow," Rey says and leads them out of the forest.