26

While Tyler is busy making sure the people know to gather for his announcement Lisa finds the door Tyler mentioned and slips into the early morning light. Even with the light so faint Lisa finds the garden delightful, even if the air is a bit nippy she doesn't mind a bit. She wanders around the garden until she finds a small stone bench directly across from a small fountain. Lisa smiles in delight as she seats herself.

"Lord Beauty," Lisa says, using a normal tone, "come to the palace, you are needed." Lisa smiles, she doesn't know how long it will take Lord Beauty to come, but she hopes that he will send Shian ahead of him. She misses Shian and hopes that she will forgive her for this deception.

Lisa gets so lost in her thoughts that she is surprised when Tyler shows up at her side. He smiles as he watches her. He's never seen her so relaxed and happy and it pleases him. "Lisa, are you ready to face the faceless masses?"

Lisa is startled by his voice. She had been enjoying the feel of the sun on her face and hadn't paid much attention to anything else. She hadn't even noticed his presence when she could always tell when someone was near before, especially Ty.

She looks up to Ty and smiles at him and it takes his breath away. She's only ever smiled that smile for him, it's so full of love. He pulls her to her feet gently and gives her a kiss that steals her breath away.

"We could just skip the announcement Ty." Lisa says with a wicked gleam in her eyes.

Tyler sighs and gives her another kiss, "I wish we could, but they are waiting and we need to get this done. I will have a protective shield around us both so there won't be any projectiles to get through to either of us."

Tyler reluctantly leads her out of the garden and through his rooms. His personal guards don't show anything but they both feel their displeasure. Lisa hides her smile and Tyler looks at them with barely concealed anger. It isn't their place to judge, even if it's because they love Lisa.

Once they are at the place where he'll be presenting Lisa as his bride Tyler extends his shielding, he hadn't thought it would be necessary to protect from his guards, but their disapproval was made clear and he doesn't want to take chances.

Once it is time Tyler steps out to face the crowd and has Lisa follow him, but stays behind him until he brings her forward.

"My people, loyal subjects, for too long the civil war reigned in our land. The end we all know came about do to the efforts of Lady Lisa. I know you all loved her, as do I. Her death hurt us all. But, life must go on. I, in my anger, banished my good friend because he dared to tell me that very same thing. I wasn't ready to hear it then and I'm not sure that I'm ready to live it now. First though, I must right that wrong. Sir Lionel's exile and banishment have been revoked. I will leave to see if I can find him and convince him to come back.

"Second, I must do as he said, I need to suck it up and deal with the issues. I am damn tired of this shit. The riots must stop. After ten years of war, how is it that the people are destroying their own homes, and businesses? Enough is enough. I have put in place martial law and yet the riots still take place.

"I have decided, either the riots will end and you will accept my choice of bride," Tyler pulls Lisa forward and the people have a clear view of her.

"Or I will abdicate the throne and you will be ruled by the council until such a time that they can decide on who the new ruler will be. I'm done. Lady Lisa would be disgusted by this mob rule. She didn't come here and help us out just to have the very people she helped start destroying what she restored.

"This Lady at my side isn't one chosen by the council. Most of the council ran home to their estates afraid of me after their last attempt to get me interested in one of their daughters. I am not being pressured into marrying her. Hell I'm fortunate that she has agreed to marry me, especially since she knows how much I loved and still love the Lady Lisa.

"You have one week to give me your answer. If you wish for me to remain on the throne my marriage to this Lady will be in two weeks. If you don't then I'll be gone as soon as the answer is given. But the riots will stop now." Lisa sets her hands on Tyler's arm and he stops speaking. She indicates that she would like to speak. And he takes a half step back.

"People of Andreamore, I am not here to take Lady Lisa's place. From what I've been told that would be impossible. Prince Tyler, has sacrificed nearly everything for his people. His love, Lady Lisa did the same. Yet from what I've seen and been told you all have been incredibly selfish. In your pain and anger you've lashed out at each other. Have any of you thought once of Prince Tyler's pain? Of his anger? Lady Lisa died to keep you from going to another war, this time another realm. Is this how you show your love for your Prince? Is this how you show your respect for Lady Lisa's sacrifice?

"I'm sure the Lady Lisa wouldn't have wanted this. From what I've been told she healed and restored. What are you doing? Are you healing and restoring or are you destroying what she restored? That's some way to show your respect to her. That kind of respect we all can do without. You don't have to love me, Tyler still loves Lady Lisa. But I am asking for you to at least respect him and his choice. I ask that you respect me. Prince Tyler is an incredible leader, selfless and giving to his people beyond perhaps what he should. I don't think you deserve him."

Her words bring murmuring in the crowd some thoughtful some hateful and as she had expected some projectiles were thrown. Lisa can't help it she responds, the projectile's flame and become ash before they come anywhere near her. "You think that Tyler chose me because I'm weak? I may not be Lady Lisa, but I'm not weak either." Her eyes flash and those nearest to the balcony on which they stand edge back.

"I am not here to replace anyone, but I have agreed to stand by Tyler's side. And I will do so either as the Empress or as  nobody, it doesn't matter which to me. Actually being a nobody might be better, we'll have more time together. In time Tyler might learn to love me."

Her actions have brought dead silence to the crowd. Her show of magical strength makes some of them reevaluate her and think. It's easy enough to place a glamour or illusion on someone. Could it be possible? But how would it be possible they saw her dead body. Some realize the truth and turn white. It's true they haven't behaved as Lady Lisa would approve.

"Pretty speech Lady Lisa," Shian says when she and Tyler return to his private garden.

"Shian!" Lisa says and throws her arms around the alicorn.

"She is alive Prince? Father will not be happy to know that she has been alive all this time and he wasn't informed." The disapproval is evident as she communicates with them.

"We had to send her back to Earth to save her and weren't sure that they could," Tyler says.

"I almost died. They had to restart my heart. It was a near thing Shian. I was weak and vulnerable during that time. I only returned late last night after having to return to the hospital once more." Lisa explains trying to make things right.

"What is a hospital, Lady Lisa?" Shian inquires.

"It's where we take our sick and wounded to make them better. Lionel sent for Tyler because I had fainted again. Once there I begged Tyler to bring me back, but we weren't sure about how safe it is for me, hence the deception. Will you forgive me?" Lisa says holding Shian about her neck.

"If that is the reason then of course. My father is on his way here Prince, it is he you will have to convince. The other magical creatures follow his lead," Shian looks to Tyler. "Would you truly abdicate Prince?"

"Yes, I'm tired of the riots and having to fight with my councilors for every little thing."