9

Once the servants leave Tyler goes back to what he was doing before. "You're food will get cold," Lisa manages to gasp out.

Tyler kisses her so that she can't talk.

There's another knock, then Leo lets himself into the room. Tyler becomes furious whereas Leo does his best to hide his amusement. "What is it Lionel?"

"The council has called a meeting right after breakfast. They have requested both your's and Miss Lisa's presence." Leo says quickly after having witnessed what he interrupted.

Tyler gets a dangerous glint in his eye, "Oh they have, have they?"

All thoughts of doing anything else leaves as Tyler plans what he's going to do at the council meeting.

"Tyler why would your council want to see me?" Lisa asks softly, not wanting to interrupt his thoughts.

"Probably to meet the one responsible for such massive destruction of the enemy. I wouldn't worry too much about them, they'll be too busy dealing with me to do much more than greet you." Tyler keeps his emotions checked but, he growls out the words anyway.

Tyler waits until Lisa finishes her meal then politely offers her his arm and escorts her out of her room. "You know Lisa, you don't have to stay in your room, you're not a prisoner here."

Lisa colors under Tyler's regard, "It takes me forever to learn new areas. Your palace is huge, I'm more than a little afraid of getting lost."

"I see," Tyler stops Lisa and turns her to face him, "When we get to the council room you are going to hear some things that will startle you. Don't object to them please?"

"What kind of things?" Lisa asks nervously.

"Your reward for helping us, or at least part of it. I need you to accept it without question and without looking surprised about it. I know you can completely hide your feelings behind a mask, I'll need you to do so once we enter the council room."

"You don't need to reward me Tyler, I-" Tyler kisses her hard and deep.

"Please, the council won't understand that you don't want  a reward. Innocent, and kind hearted people like you don't exist here. They just don't exist."

"Very well, but I just don't think it's necessary."

"You lost your home when you came here. That alone makes it so we owe you."

"You wanted to see us?" Tyler lets them know in no uncertain terms just how he feels about being summoned.

He marches to the seat at the head of the table and stands by it. By refusing to sit, the council is unable to sit either. Tyler motions to Lisa to come near to stand by him.

"Yes, highness, we wanted to meet..." The councilman looks at Tyler and swallows what he was about to say.

"You summoned me, so you could meet Lisa?" Tyler lets his outrage show. Only the weak rulers are summoned by the council or if there is an emergency, neither of which applies here.

The council members shrink back from his anger. "Forgive us Highness. In our eagerness to meet the human that did so much for us we breached etiquette."

"Well, since I need you here to ratify her reward it's not a complete loss. This is my friend Lisa, who as you know has come to us from Earth. Since the portal to Earth has been permanently sealed she is being housed next to me. For her part in the war there is nothing that we could adequately give her, however, I propose that we do the following.