18

Tyler slips into the portal room as soon as he can. His anger is still high but he's able to bring it under control. He even manages to apologize to Lionel.

"No, need Sire. I figured that would anger you. It was designed to." But still he hadn't expected to have broken ribs for his trouble.

Tyler doesn't say anymore just nods. He goes over to Lisa and caresses her face and fights the tears. There is not time for tears now. His voice must remain clear and fully controlled to create this portal. He forces himself to clear his mind and begin the spell.

By the time he's done, he's fairly weak, but satisfied. He'd done it. The first elf to make a portal in centuries. After getting his breath he bends down and picks up Lisa. The others grab their luggage and they step through the portal.

Once through Tyler takes out a device he'd thought he'd never use again and makes a phone call, "Cal, yeah it's me Tyler. I've got a problem. Yeah, I know she was with me. That's my problem Cal. I, Lisa and a couple of friends were attacked. Lisa's hurt bad. She needs medical attention or she might not make it. My other friend, I think he has broken ribs. The dirt road outside of town on the north side. We're about a mile from town. We'll need a place to stay."

Once Cal's car comes in sight Tyler speaks the words to the spell that releases the stasis on Lisa. Enough blood covers her dress that he imminent death is very realistic. "Oh my go- what the hell happened Ty?" Cal demands as soon as he sees Lisa's state of being.

"We were attacked. Lisa stepped in front of someone else and took the knife that would have killed the other person. Lionel here was thrown against a wall with a lot of force and I think some of his ribs are broken."

Cal looks over Ty and Sandra, "And what about you and your friend there?"

Ty shakes his head. "Sandra was kept behind me and Lionel. I don't know why the attackers didn't continue their fight. They just ran away. All this blood is from Lisa." Tyler explains even as they load everything into Cal's car.

"Ty, there's a lot of bullshit going on and I want the truth." Cal says even as he starts driving as fast as he dares to the hospital.

Tyler sighs, "You won't believe me."

"You tell me goodbye and then my best friend disappears for months. Not knowing when or even if she will ever come back I report her missing and take over her apartment so that she will have a place, her place, when she comes back. Now she comes back nearly dead in your arms. You will tell me the truth Tyler." There is more than a little anger in Cal's voice. The other two look at Cal in wide eyed wonder that Tyler hasn't killed him yet.

"I am not from this realm, the Earth realm. I am from the Elven realm, Andreamore. There I am prince of the elves. The day I said goodbye to you, Lisa followed me out here. As I was about to leave and return to my realm we were attacked by those that wanted me dead. There had been a decade long war, civil war and somehow my enemies found me here.

"I killed the assassins sent to kill me, but Lisa followed me to Andreamore." Tyler sighs deeply as he closes his eyes. "Before I could send her home the palace was attacked. I held off the attackers for as long as I could but, they disarmed and fatally injured me."

"Bullshit, Tyler. I want the truth." Cal demands angry at what he supposed are lies being fed to him.

"Shh, Cal, he's telling the truth." Lisa manages to say, her voice whisper thin but still audible. "Now, listen."

"Lisa, who is actually a very powerful sorceress destroyed my enemies. I don't mean just a few people Cal, all of them. Thousands, she destroyed them all and then healed me. The extreme use of magic overwhelmed her body and she fell into a coma like state. When she woke up, well she had a lot to deal with. I had managed to seal the portal to Earth before I was injured so that the invaders wouldn't come here. I had no way to send her home.

"So I made her an honored member of Andreamore. She put up with a great deal while she was there. She saved my people from starvation and a princess from the Fey realm from an assassination, hence the knife wound.

"The people of my Realm loved her and were angry when they thought she died. There was rioting and I had to enforce martial law to keep the peace. Her funeral was held today. I found the spell to open a portal to here and did so. Her only chance of survival is here, with your medical services."

Cal is angry, "What about your magic? Why couldn't you heal her there?"

Tyler shakes his head, "Not many of our people hold great healing abilities. It is one of the rare talents that manifests. Lisa's ability to heal alone should have garnered her respect, but the nobles hated her."

Cal manages to growl out through gritted teeth, "Why?"

"Because I love her. I was going to marry her. They are jealous of her and her unbelievably strong abilities."

"There's more to this story Tyler, you better spit it out." They were just pulling up to the hospital emergency room entrance.

"She's pregnant with my child." Tyler says and there is absolute silence in the car. Not even the other two had expected him to say that.

Cal is stunned, but he doesn't let that stop him. He unlocks the car doors so that the others can get out. He runs inside and yells for help. Tyler gets out and by the time he straightens up nurses and doctors come running up with a gurney for him to set Lisa on.

Others escort Lionel inside. Tyler and Sandra slowly follow the medical personnel into the hospital. After that things just kind of mix together and Tyler can't separate things. Police come talk to him and Sandra about the attack. They give them answers as vague as they can and since they are both in shock the police leave them alone.

Cal makes a call to his brother. He tells him that Lisa is back, but that she is in surgery. Soon Cal's brother comes in with his new wife.