16

"Prince?" The first guard to enter says, incredulous that Lady Lisa was gone.

Tyler looks at the guard, evidence of his crying there for all to see, "The Lady Lisa gave her life to save the princess here. Go find me Lionel and Sandra her maid send them here. And tell those bastards in the council that I will be seeing them after I make arrangements for her." His voice breaks and tears start falling again.

"Sire, a guard was also killed, he was Sandra's boyfriend." The guard reports. Tyler nods and his heart hurts for Sandra.

"What would you have me do Tyler?" The princess asks softly.

"I will need to know the words to release the spell for when I take her back to Earth. And I may also need your help to create the portal." Tyler's voice is leaden with only the smallest trace of hope. "She is with child, princess. Will the child live?"

"Perhaps, the medical care on Earth isn't magical, but they will do all they can for her. You have no one strong enough to heal her?"

Tyler smiles and ironic smile, "Yeah, her. She ended the war in one day and healed me right after. She healed the land to bring back dead crops so my people won't starve, she even restored homes and business's," Tyler lets his voice show emotion, "but she can't save herself."

"Prince?" Lionel asks entering the room. When he sees Lisa in Tyler's arms knife in her chest and unmoving he falls to his knees and bows his head. "She is gone?" His voice is grief stricken.

"Lionel," Tyler starts when he is interrupted by a scream.

Sandra runs into the room and falls down by Lisa's side. She starts sobbing, "It's too much, it's too much." The princess pats the weeping woman's back helpless to do aught else.

"Sandra, I need you and Lionel to help me get the Lady Lisa ready for her funeral." Tyler says not unkindly. "I know she meant a great deal to you." Tyler hesitates, "I hear your boyfriend was also killed, my heart hurts for you Sandra. I know that it will bring you no comfort knowing he gave his life trying to save my life, Lady Lisa's life and that of the princess here. I wish there was something I could do to ease your pain."

"You can heal the Lady Lisa, she's not dead, I know it." Sandra states it as if it is fact.

"What do you mean?" The princess says, her spell shouldn't be detectable.

"Prince Tyler would be destroying this palace if she were truly dead. Please, what do you have in mind?"

Tyler studies the small maid in front of him. There is no doubt that she is in pain and hurts. Lisa hadn't liked leaving her behind, but had acceded to Sandra's request due to her being in love. Now her love is dead. "Do you truly love the Lady Lisa, Sandra? Just what would you do for her?"

"I do love her. She gave me several more weeks with my love. I would do anything for her." Sandra replies, tears of her grief not making her any less beautiful.

"Would you be willing to leave Andreamore and live a life of an exile?" Tyler asks this time with real intent.

"I would, if it meant her ladyship would live." Tyler and the princess had forgotten that Lionel was in there as well.

"Sire? Is there a chance for the Lady Lisa to live?" Lionel asks coming out of his own deep despair.

Tyler looks over to the princess, she shrugs leaving it for him to decide what to say.

Tyler takes a deep breath and sighs, "What I tell you here doesn't go any further."

"Pardon me Sire, but I think we might want to go to someplace less public." Lionel says diffidently.