27

"How long until your father comes Shian?" Lisa asks.

"He'll be here later today. He was quite shocked to hear your voice. We all thought you were dead. He sent me ahead without telling me why, so I too was shocked." Shian explains then nuzzles Lisa's hair.

"Where will you go, Prince, when you abdicate?" Shian asks curiously.

"You are so sure then that they will demand my abdication rather than accept me marrying another?" Tyler asks amused. He's not so sure, at the first perhaps, but not after Lisa's little speech.

"They have been angry since Lisa was supposedly killed. I don't see them accepting anyone else as your bride, prince." Shian says absently not really paying much attention.

Suddenly she pulls her head up and stares, "Well Prince, it won't just be my sire that you will need to explain yourself to, all the magical animals are sending representatives. They are excited about Lady Lisa being alive, but are angry for not knowing about it."

"Damn, Lisa, Shian I better let people know to expect them then." Tyler is almost to the door when Shian speaks once more.

"The dragons especially are angry, Prince Tyler. So angry that they will be shape shifting to talk to you directly." Shian warns and Tyler flinches. It is never a good thing when the dragons shape shift to talk to you. They don't like being trapped in a two legged form and so only reluctantly do so.

"Thank you for your warning Shian." Tyler says as he leaves the garden and returns to his duties.

"He loves you, Lisa." Shian says thoughtfully looking after the departed elf.

"I know. I was worried when I told him we were having twins, but he was thrilled at the idea."

"You are having two babies? How delightful. You wouldn't know what you are having by any chance would you?" Shian asks, not knowing what is or isn't possible in the Earth realm now.

"The doctor thinks it's one of each, but the method of determining that is imperfect." Lisa says smiling. She's so excited to becoming a mother, and to start off with one of each thrills her.

"That makes it easy does it not? You make clothes for both and then you are set." Shian isn't so sure on how they do things like that since unicorns and pegasi don't have to deal with things like clothes.

Lisa smiles, "Yes, it will make it easier. What would be nice is if Tyler will be able to be a part of it." Lisa's smile drops. "He was born to rule and has spent years doing so when his parents were killed. I know that he wants to abdicate, but I fear that if he does that he'll eventually resent me for him making that decision."

"Why would he do that? Was it your idea?" Shian asks laying her head on Lisa's lap now that Lisa is seated on the bench.

"No, he told me that's what he'd do when he came to see me at the hospital on Earth. But he's doing it because of me. The people wouldn't be rioting if they didn't think I was dead. The council wouldn't be so against Tyler..."

"No, stop that Lisa. Tyler has had trouble with the council because he's a strong leader and he won't let them tell him what to do. The council had more sway with his father. Perhaps if Tyler hadn't of had to lead his people in war he would be more like his father, but he's learned through leading and making hard and harsh decisions. War is a crucible and Tyler was refined far more than the council wanted him to be.

"If they believe what he said they will be working for that end themselves. But Tyler didn't leave it up to the council did he?" Shian asks.

"No, he left it up to the people. He says that it's the people that give him the right to lead and only the people have the right to take it away. He's pretty fed up with the council right now and from what I understand so are the people."

"Ah, sneaky. He's counting on the people hating the council even more than them hating him marrying someone other than you. It just might work, but it could backfire on him." Shian says thinking things over.

"I really think he doesn't care at this point. He's sacrificed so much and they've all shown just how ungrateful they are. They have pushed him to the point that he can't take it anymore."

"Has he said that in so many words?" Shian questions.

"He was talking about needing to move from my apartment on Earth because it won't be big enough for twins."

"He's very serious then," Shian thinks things over. "I should go and be there to greet the other magical creatures now. I will let them know just how serious things stand."

Shian takes off and leaves Lisa alone with her thoughts. She wonders, if the people do choose the council and Tyler abdicates what that will mean for them.

"You are overthinking it baby," Tyler says coming over to her and wrapping his arms around her.

"How can I overthink this?" Lisa turns in Tyler's arms, "Ty, if you give up the throne how will it affect us? I can't help but think that you will come to hate me, the children, for the choice-" Tyler kisses her, he loves that way of silencing her.

"I won't hate you or our children if I abdicate, Lisa, this is my choice really. Or I should say the people's choice, but I'm so done. I've lost just about everything serving them and all I get in return is violence against each other. I can't take this anymore, this is senseless violence. At least the war had a reason, twisted and perverted as that reason was, but the rioting," Tyler shakes his head, "there is no reason. They have no respect for themselves, their neighbors or their ruler. I refuse to rule over those that won't respect me. There will always be someone that doesn't, but when the majority don't," Tyler shrugs, "then it's time for a new ruler."