14

"I am most honored Shian," Lisa says thrilled. An alicorn is to be her mount. Even one that  is hurt is something she is thrilled about.

Tyler is most pleased as well. His mount is not a direct line from Lord Beauty, but is a close relative. His mount comes out and stands next to Shian. He is a prime example of a battle mount.

"Well Prince Tyler, is it time once more to fight?"

Tyler smiles, "Not this time, no. This time we will be escorting Lady Lisa to her new estate." 

Tyler turns to Lisa, "This fine unicorn has some long and unpronounceable name. I call him, and he accepts, the name Resolute."

Lisa smiles, "It is indeed a fine name for one so stalwart."

"I see now why the Prince is so taken with you Lady Lisa." Resolute's words startle Lisa but make her smile none the less.

"Taken with me?" Lisa says turning to the prince with a smile. Tyler blushes and this delights Lisa to no end. Then she remembers the reason for such a hurried leaving today and her delight sours.

"I think you must be mistaken Resolute. Tyler shows no more interest in me than he does any of the other females here at court." Lisa says looking away.

Resolute snorts long and loud at that. "Prince Tyler shows you more deference than he has any of those bitches. None of them has even been allowed to call him by name. None of them has shared his bed more than once."

Lisa smirks, "Well that's more than I..." then she realizes that she has been in Tyler's bed, although it wasn't always him that took her there.

Tyler steps in breaking the stare of the three interested in Lisa, "The trip to the estate is long Lisa, we should leave. Even so, we'll likely have to break the trip into two days." He can make it in one day of hard riding but he doesn't want to do that to Lisa.

"Yes, of course. Lord Beauty, it has been an honor to meet you and an even bigger honor that you have granted me. I wish you well as you return to your home." Lisa says smiling, her tears fall, well do much as they did when they healed Lord Beauty. This time though they go to Shian and land on her injured wing.

"Sire, what is this pain?" Shian asks, the pain is almost enough to make her fall to her knees.

"What is wrong Shian?" the others all demand at once.

"My wing, it's like fire." Shian says at first almost overwhelmed in pain, but even as she speaks the pain lessens.

Once the pain is gone she speaks once more, "It's gone now. It should be no problem." The five walk out of the stable. Out of habit Shian stretches her wings and is beyond shocked when she can fully extend her previously broken wing.

She flaps her wings to try them out and finds that it doesn't hurt her. She's delighted. "Lady Lisa, I shall be able to assist you fully. Would you like to fly?" Shian asks Lisa shyly.

"I would love to, but I think we've held the others up enough already." Lisa responds but it's with a definite note of dismay.

"Go ahead Lisa, I'll take the rest out on the road and you can join us after your flight." Tyler smiles at the delight that suffuses Lisa's face with his words.

As soon a a suitable saddle is affixed to Shian, Lisa hops on and Shian takes to the skies. Lisa's laughter floats back down to the others.

"You truly are taken with her aren't you Prince?" Beauty asks.

"Yes, but she has had little to bring her joy since she's come." Tyler motions to where Shian and Lisa had disappeared. "Giving her that is perhaps the first thing I've done right with her yet."

Once more Resolute snorts, "She cares for you Prince. It's how she looks at you."

"Perhaps that is true, but, I messed up last night. Lady Sourthy got within the needed space and made it seem that she was Lisa. When Lisa came in for our appointment for dinner, well she saw me kissing the other woman."

"So what did you do Prince? I warned you yesterday as did she." Beauty snorts his displeasure.

"Yes, but until then I had nothing definable I could use. I banished all three of them. If they aren't out of Andreamore by dinner tonight they are to be shot on sight. But the damage had already been done. Lisa started packing immediately."

"So that's the reason for the hurried rush last night? I wondered. Good riddance, those three may back you Prince, but only for their own selfish ends." Beauty snorts out.

"Yes, I know. But I paid a high price as well. I had hoped to obtain Lisa's consent for marriage. Now, I'm not sure she'll ever fully forgive me." Tyler lets the pain show for a short time.

"But that is my problem not yours. Shall we leave then?" Beauty will remain with them until they get closer to his home.

Lisa loves the exhilaration and freedom flying brings her. "You must have missed this Shian."

"Indeed I did. The freedom to run is lovely and I enjoy it as well, but there is something about flying that seems to liberate the joy." Shian responds, flight doesn't seem to matter to the communication between the two.

"How was your wing injured, might I ask?" Lisa doesn't want to intrude where she's not wanted.

"In the fight. One of their magic users hit me with a magic missile." Shian responds, it doesn't seem to bother her talking about it now at least.

"How did you end up here Lady Lisa?" Shian asks, although everyone knows that Lisa is from the Earth realm they don't know how she came to be here.

"I was talking to Tyler and we were attacked by someone or something. Tyler said something about a magic missile himself. Then Tyler retaliated and the concussion was incredible. After that Tyler told me goodbye and opened the portal to here. I jumped through it and found myself someplace I never could have believed possible. Found out my friend was something I thought was only fiction and fairytales.

"Before he could send me back the fighting got to the palace. We were at the portal room when Tyler was injured, dying even. He managed to seal the portal to Earth before he fell, but that left me stranded. Seeing him fall brought something to life in me I'd never felt before. I guess that's when the enemy became torches. Lionel found me holding Ty and healing him before I collapsed. He took us both to Tyler's room and watched over both of us there. We didn't have sex," Lisa's face is burning red at this point.

"Perhaps not, but you took him to your bed did you not? How else would you be carrying his child?" Shian asks innocently enough.

Lisa is so shocked by this revelation that she lets go and starts falling. Shian has to do several tricky maneuvers to make sure that Lisa remains on her back. "I think we'd better go join the others now. Did you not know, Lady Lisa?"

"No, in my world, I had protection against pregnancy. I never thought about using it here." Indeed she had assumed the shot would work for some time yet. That's what she gets for assuming.

"Shian, you must not say anything about the pregnancy to anyone." Lisa says urgently as they return to the others.

"As you wish Lady Lisa, but it isn't something you will be able to hide forever. You are early stages yet, but it won't be long before you start showing." Shian says in disapproval.

"I know, but I don't want him to feel any pressure towards me. Things are too fragile right now between us." Lisa still hurts from what she saw last night.

"He was kissing another? No wonder you are in pain." Shian says softly, "I won't say anything Lady Lisa, but he still needs to know."

"I know, and I will tell him, just not right now." Lisa promises and with that the two rejoin the others.