24

Everyone stands up as Tyler brings Lisa out to the waiting room. "It will be better to do this in the room Lisa." Tyler says as they come out.

"Fine." She faces the others and says, "Please won't you join us in my room?" And after that invitation Tyler returns her to her room. He stands over and fusses over her more than he ever has before.

"Tyler, I love you, but if you don't stop I'm going to have to hurt you." Lisa finally snaps. Tyler takes a hasty step back and pulls a chair over to her side. She takes his hand as she faces her friends.

"I've convinced Tyler to take me back to Andreamore. We're both miserable away from each other and I'm sure the inhabitants of the palace would prefer him to stop being so miserable. Lionel, he'll be rescinding the exile order will you go back with us?"

"Yes, of course." Lionel says and giving them both a bow.

"Sandra, will you return with me?"

Sandra gives her a small smile, "Yes, of course Lady Lisa."

Lisa looks at Cal and can't decipher his expression in the low light of the room. "Cal, I couldn't have a better friend than you. You have done so much for me, not even knowing if I would return. If you don't wish for me to go, I will stay for awhile longer."

"You love him." Cal states it, no question there.

"Yes, very much so." Lisa answers the non question.

"I thought you said that you didn't like it there?" This time there is accusation in Cal's voice.

"Cal stay everyone else please leave." They all get up to leave. Lisa squeezes Ty's hand in reassurance. During this Lisa never stops looking at Cal.

Once everyone has left and Tyler has shut the door Lisa motions for Cal to come closer to her. "That isn't what I said and you know it. I don't appreciate you trying to make things difficult between Tyler and me. The nobles didn't like me and that made it difficult. But being in Andreamore doesn't mean I'll have to be around the nobles.

"Now tell me your real issue Cal."

"You know what it is Lisa, I love you and will miss you. We were each others firsts, and although we were young and stupid you always remember your first." Cal gently caresses her face and places a lock of hair behind her ear. "I won't be able to visit you there."

Lisa smiles at him, "You love me and I love you, but we aren't in love with each other Cal. I am in love with Tyler. I know you won't be able to visit me there, but I will come back to visit you here. You and Calvin are my family and I won't give you up."

Tyler opens the door. "I need someone outside of Andreamore that we can trust, should anything happen to us, to raise our children and protect them. We'll send Lionel and Sandra of course, but you would be the legal guardian. If that is acceptable?"

Lisa is floored but doesn't show it, Cal on the other hand does. "You don't really know me Ty."

"You were my friend when I first came here. You are incredibly loyal to Lisa. I know you love her even if you can barely tolerate me. I need to know that there is someone to protect them here should something happen. Andreamore is in a time of transition. War has been a way of life for so long that people aren't sure what life should be like anymore. Times like this make it unstable for those that rule. It would be much safer for Lisa to stay here, but I'm weak and selfish, I want her near me."

"You aren't selfish Ty. From what Lisa has told me, you've sacrificed just about everything for Andreamore.

"I'll do it, but, I hope it never comes to that. Children belong with their parents and vice versa."

"Thank you, Lisa, they are bringing dinner trays now." Tyler says and slips back out of the room.

"I don't like you leaving me Lisa, I can't take care of you if you leave." Cal says hurt.

"I know Cal, but now it's not for you to care for me, it's Tyler's turn. Thank you for being willing to take guardianship of the children if..." Lisa can't even finish the thought.

"I'm sure nothing is going to happen Lisa. It's just something people do for just in case. You don't want your children left in the system like we were. Calvin will help, too, I'm sure." Cal says reassuringly.

"NO. I love Calvin as if he was my own brother, but he's too messed up to be around my kids. Until he gets off drugs I don't want him near my kids. And he can't smoke around them either." Lisa wants to make sure that Cal understands. And Cal smirks back at her. He understands.

Lisa picks at the food given to her but if she wants out of there she has to eat at least half of it. They gave her the foods she hates most and can barely tolerate.

"I can't eat this Tyler. Most foods I can at least tolerate, but I despise each and every one of these foods." Lisa says morosely. She really wants to get out of there. So she is surprised and very pleased with what Tyler does next.

Tyler takes her try of food and throws away the food. "I'll buy you something on  the way home."

Lisa likes the sound of that and gives him a huge smile. Just then the IV machine starts beeping. Tyler puts the plate back on the tray just as the nurse enters the room. "You finished your dinner and the IV is finished. Dr. Murrow says that you can be discharged now. Let me take this out and your tray and I'll come back with your discharge papers."

Short time later, Lisa is dressed and ready to go.

Tyler is laughing at her, "What?" Lisa says in exasperation.

"You. I think it took you thirty seconds flat to change into your regular clothes. You hate the hospital that much?"

"You have no idea, Tyler. I have spent more time than I care to remember in hospitals. This one is better than many of the others but," Lisa stops and fights the tears, "it's still a hospital."

Tyler goes over to her and wraps his arms around her. "I'm sorry Lisa, I forgot your history growing up. I don't blame you for wanting to get out of here." After giving her a kiss on the forehead he helps her get into the wheelchair that she has to ride in to leave the hospital.

"I still don't understand why every single hospital requires their patients to leave by wheelchair. It's stupid, if they can walk they should let them walk." Lisa grumbles all the way out to the car.

"Hush now Lisa, or they might change their minds about letting you go free." Tyler says, they both know he's joking but Lisa stops her grumbling. 

Cal had brought his car to the front and is waiting to help Lisa get in. As soon as she does her nose is assaulted by the smell of food. "Please tell me you got some of that for me too?" Lisa is almost in tears the smell is so good.

Cal smirks and gets back in the car as Tyler slides into the shotgun position. "Of course. Tyler told me what they tried to feed you here. I couldn't let my sister eat that shit. There's enough for all of us. Then I'll help you pack." With that his smirk falls off. He really will miss Lisa.