21

Ty finds Lisa's room and using a bit of magic is able to go inside and sit by Lisa's side. He takes her hand and holds it, hoping that she will awaken before he has to go. He's not worried about anyone seeing him, he has a spell on that only Lisa and his friends will find him. The nurses won't see him no matter how vigilante they are.

Ty speaks to Lisa telling her his plans and what he's going to do. He tells her hoping that she hears and understands so she won't hate him when she wakes and he's no longer at her side.

"Tyler, stop. You sound as if you are leaving me." Lisa says some time later, in the dark of the night.

"I must Lisa, should I leave now, Andreamore will fall into anarchy. I cannot allow that to happen, not after finally having the civil war end by your hand. You have given us a chance to heal now. I have to go back and foster that, but I will visit as often as I can." Tyler hates how the circumstances are working against them. He knows better than anyone the chances of his relationship with Lisa working out are almost nil.

"I need you Tyler." Lisa cries out.

"I know baby, I know. If there was another way, I'd take it. Once things become more stable I'll abdicate and return to your side if you wish, but it will take time to make things stable again. With your 'death' things have become very volatile, Lisa."

"My death?" Lisa is confused, she's not dead.

"The wound you received was deadly in Andreamore. The princess put you under a stasis spell that made you appear dead. We held your funeral yesterday. It was very emotional. The people love you, Lisa. There is a lot of anger. I even had a huge fight with Lionel. As far as the court is concerned Lionel has been banished. In truth he's here and will be your bodyguard and the baby's."

"The baby survived?" Lisa is thrilled at this news.

"Yes, so you'll need to think of some names okay? I want to marry you Lisa, more than anything, but the only way that will happen now is if you choose to go back to Andreamore with me. At least until I can hand over the throne."

"My answer is yes, Ty. So you damn well better not be with anyone else now." Lisa's eyes flash with fire.

"I wouldn't dream of it Lisa. I promise to visit as often as I can. The damn council was warned about trying to make a match for me again. I told them if they tried that I'd dissolve the council. I think they are sufficiently terrified of me that they won't try it again, at least for awhile. Lisa, I love you so much. I thought I was going to die when I saw you bleeding from the wound." Ty is able to keep the tears from his voice but not stop them from falling.

"Ty, how did I get back here?" Lisa asks drowsily.

"The princess had with her a very old elven book of magic. The book was written in old elvish which made it hard to read, however, it did have the spell for making portals. I had just enough ability to make this one."

"I'm proud of you Ty. Doing something no one has been able to do for centuries. Your people should be proud to have you as their prince."

"It doesn't matter now, Lisa. Remember? I'm giving up the throne."

"You can't do that Ty, your people need you." Lisa argues.

"Not as much as I need you, Lisa." Tyler is insistent, he needs to make her understand how important she is to him.

"I'm nobody, Ty, just some crack whore's unwanted baby. You can do so much better," Lisa says holding her hand to his face. "But, I'm not letting you go. I'm holding you to your promise, Ty. You better come visit me or there will be hell to pay. I am not going to be a single parent, so at the very least you better be back here for the birth of our child. And you better have definite plans in place by then. I don't care if you are a prince or a pauper, I love you for who you are."

Tyler smiles, the first real smile he's managed since she was injured. "You are no mere crack whore's unwanted child. You are the most powerful sorceress in the history of Andreamore. And there is no way I could possibly do better than you. I want you at my side Lisa, whether here or in Andreamore it doesn't matter to me. Shian was furious and Lord Beauty is angry, they tell me that the other magical creatures are as well. No mere nobody can demand that kind of respect from the magical creatures. Even if my nobles are too stupid to welcome you."

Tyler looks out the window of the room and his smile fades, "I have to go soon, Lisa. I'm leaving Lionel and Sandra here with you. They will protect you and help you. Apparently Cal took over your apartment so you have a place to go, but if you wish to move there are funds. I've set up an account and gave cards to Lionel. He has one for you. They will be paid out of those funds as well so there is no need to worry about them.

"It's the best I can do for now, baby, I'm sorry," Tyler says caressing her hair from her forehead.

"Tyler-" Tyler pauses as he stands, "I love you Tyler. Please come back soon."

"I love you too, Lisa. You better not have any problems either or Calvin will kill me."

"Calvin? what about him?" Lisa asks confusion evident on her face.

"Cal called him and he and his wife showed up last night. He's more than a little pissed that I got you pregnant." Tyler says smoothing back her hair and smiling.

Lisa snorts, "Yeah, my bet is he only married that lady because he got her pregnant. Just don't leave me hanging Ty please?"

"I'll do my best baby, I promise." Tyler leans down and gives Lisa a kiss goodbye. "I have to return to Andreamore now." He hides the pain he's feeling and quickly positions himself to the side of the door as the nurse comes in to check on Lisa. As Lisa answers the nurse's questions Ty takes one last look at Lisa and leaves.