15

"It is as my dream," Lisa says as she looks around at the desolation around her. Dead remained unburied, farms destroyed, houses and forests laid waste. No movement, only the sound of the wind blowing its mournful song. Her tears come unbidden.

Tyler goes over to where Lisa has fallen to her knees and holds her to him tight. As her tears fall they are captured by the wind and carried away. Slowly they find land and where they land it is healed. The magic builds within her, it connects to the tears the wind has carried and healing begins. First where they stand, Prince Tyler and the others then outward from there.

All except the Prince and Lisa watch entranced as the ground is healed, houses restored. Forests are made whole and trees become strong. Instead of death on the wind, the smell of pine and nature overtake them.

Animals come out. Crops are growing once more and not fodder, staple crops for his people.

The guards and her maids murmur in awe and shock at the transformation taking place around them. Tyler and Lisa ignore them as Lisa continues her tears. Until finally she's just too drained.

"In my dreams, there were survivors in the caves." Lisa manages to get out before falling into a deep sleep.

Tyler hadn't intended on stopping this close to the estates, but with Lisa unconscious he decides it would be better to make this trip into three days. He orders her tent to be set up and once things are done he carries her into her tent and sets her down on her cot.

"Tyler, you should get people here to harvest." Lisa says once she's awake enough to see Tyler by her side.

"I sent people to find the survivors. They have already started the harvesting." Tyler hadn't left her side except when absolutely necessary. She'd restored dead crops, there might be enough food for most of his people just in these fields alone. If there are other crops restored as well then they won't have to trade for food. Although it might be a good idea to keep the option open.

"How are you feeling, Lisa? Before you ask you've been out for only a couple of hours this time. I think your body is getting used to handling large amounts of magic. What you have done is cement your place among my people's hearts."

"You said something similar in the capital as well, but I didn't see respect there." Lisa closes her eyes, "How long will you stay with me Ty?"

"With the changes you've made I'll be able to stay longer. I was going to turn and go back tomorrow after I got you settled in. But with food not being such an issue or homes out here some of the problems aren't so severe."

"Good," Lisa says before falling back asleep. Her words bringing a smile and hope to Tyler as well.

"The fields being healed run all the way to the traitor's city, Prince." The guard that had been sent to check out just how much healing had taken place reports. "Houses, streets, fields, forests even streams and rivers have been healed. The only things not healed are the dead. Already survivors have divided into groups, those to harvest and those to deal with the dead."

Tyler sighs in relief. There will be food enough for his people. Food and housing apparently, then his eyes pop open. "The manor on Lady Lisa's estate?"

"Like all else, it has been restored, your manor shows no signs of the fire damage either." The other soldier reports. Tyler's manor had been damaged but not like Lisa's had. Her's had been completely destroyed his had only minor fire damage, now apparently that too has been amended.

Two days they are at the estates, putting things in order. Lisa's new maid and Leo help hire staff to take care of Lisa's estate. Lisa finds the estate lovely, but she can't feel welcome. There was no reason for her to not feel accepted and welcome, the people treated her with far more deference than the nobles did.