20

"Cal, will you take Lionel and Sandra to Lisa's apartment and make them comfortable? I will remain with Lisa for the night, then I will have to return to Andreamore." Tyler asks Cal tiredly as he slumps in relief. She will live and it looks like his child will as well. The relief makes his whole body shake as reaction sets in.

Cal looks over at Ty and notices that he's visibly shaking. "Are you okay Ty?"

"Yes, I've just been holding everything in for so long that it refuses to stay inside any longer. I will be leaving Lionel and Sandra to guard and help Lisa. They will let me know if they need anything to help her. I will be taking care of her, Cal, the best I can."

Cal watches Tyler closely and finally nods to himself. "When will you be back?"

Tyler sighs and shakes his head, "I don't know. Things aren't in good shape right now. At least I don't have to declare war on the Fey. I'll find a way to visit her as often as I can."

"Declare war on the Fey? Damn are things really that bad?"

Lionel breaks in, "No, there will be no war because of Lady Lisa and her quick thinking. And since the princess helped to make it possible to save Lady Lisa, Prince Tyler won't have to declare war either. But things really are ready to explode, it will be difficult for him to visit. There will be long stretches when he won't be seeing her."

Cal looks at Lionel with narrowed eyes of suspicion. "Cal, he's my most trusted friend, but more than that he's a knight. He'll protect Lisa with his life. But in order to do that he'll need to be close to her."

Cal closes his eyes, "Tyler, you are asking me to put an awful lot of faith in you, someone I only knew for a short time. Lisa," Cal takes a deep breath, "Lisa deserves the best. I'm still trying to figure out if you are good enough for her. Although she was crazy for you when you left. She's a far better judge of character than I am. She trusts you. Hell I've never seen her trust someone as quickly as she did you, don't make me regret trusting you as well."

"You won't. Lionel, Sandra go with Cal now. Cal you'll have to explain anything electronic to them. Andreamore is magic based, no electricity." Tyler says and Cal nods.

"Come on you two, Lisa has twin beds in her room so Sandra you can bunk in there. Lionel, you can share a room with me or you can sleep on the bed in the couch." Cal says as he gathers them up and heads out the door.

"Sir, visiting hours are just about over." A nurse says coming up to Tyler who is lost in thought.

"Oh yes, of course. Tell me nurse do you know which room Lisa was moved to after her surgery? I'll need to know for when I come back tomorrow." Tyler says using just a touch of magic to overcome her reluctance to give out that information at this time. Tyler hadn't realized that Cal's brother and wife were still there. The wife was asleep and leaning on her husband. Cal's brother was watching him with eyes narrowed in anger.

"You better not hurt her," Tyler jumps at the words Cal's brother speaks. Almost completely ignoring the little talk outside not long before.

"I don't wish to hurt her. It about killed me when she put herself in harms way like she did. I know you don't like me, you've made your dislike clear months ago when we first met. But truly Calvin, I mean no harm to Lisa. I want more than anything to marry her."

"Why the hell did you get her pregnant for? She's too young to be a mother," Calvin is furious with Tyler. He's never liked him from day one.

"I know you care for her Calvin, she's like a little sister to you. It shouldn't have been possible for her to get pregnant like she did. She's on or was on birth control and my family has a history of having difficulties getting females pregnant. Believe me it was a shock when she told me just a short time before she was attacked. It wasn't like we slept together every night. It was only a few nights over the last few months."

"Is she still in danger? From whoever it was that attacked her from before?"

"No, those attackers are dead. All my enemies and any that she has picked up being with me, believe that she is dead. She should be safe enough, but to be sure I'm leaving my bodyguard and friend here. Lionel is almost as devoted to Lisa as he is to me, he'll protect her with his life. And Sandra is devoted heart and soul to Lisa. She too will do all that she can to help Lisa. The best thing I can do is stay away and only visit occasionally. It's not what I want to do, but it's for the best for Lisa.

"There's a very good chance that by the end of this she'll hate me almost as much as you do Calvin. If that's what she decides then I'll stay away from her and our child. But I won't leave her unprotected or uncared for. I've already set up an account for child support expenses, as well as any expenses that she might run into.

"I know you hate me, Calvin, but she's going to need you and Cal. Damn you two have such similar names."

Calvin smiles in spite of himself. "Our mother was too busy getting high to think of anything else. Unlike Lisa, our mother managed to stay off the dope long enough to have us before getting right back on. She did us both a favor and OD'd before she killed Cal. Going into the foster system was the best thing for us. We had much better luck than Lisa did.

"Evenso, I was glad when I was able to take charge of Cal. Lisa, stayed at our place as much as she did at the check casher's place." Calvin gets lost in thought for a bit.

"You know Lisa and Cal have a history right?" Calvin demands.

"Yes, Lisa told me before we became intimate ourselves." Tyler can't completely hide his feelings from Calvin though.

"You don't like leaving her here in his care do you?" Calvin challenges.

"No, I don't. But I also know that he cares for her. She missed him a lot. I know I'm being selfish, but I hope that she misses me even half as much as she missed him. You should get your wife home now. I'll be gone before visiting hours are here again." Tyler says sadly and Calvin nods and gathers up his wife. She snuggles up to him not fully waking even though she's walking with him to the door.