12

"Yes? Who are you?" Lisa is more than a little hostile to the man. Talk about disrespect. At least he learned his lesson, perhaps.

"Lisa, I was wondering if you would like to go on a picnic with me?" The elf says without answering her question.

"No." Lisa dismisses the elf and returns her attention to the unicorn. She scratches him on his head and she feels his contentment as he nickers softly.

"Let me know when he's gone will you?" Lisa whispers and the unicorn lord gives her a slight nod.

"Would you at least tell me why?" The elf lord demands.

"I will show you courtesy when you give me some." Lisa doesn't turn back around to face the elf lordling, but she can feel his anger at her words.

"Lisa?" This time it's the Prince calling her.

"Tyler, I thought you'd be in meetings all day," Lisa smiles at Tyler as he comes up.

The lordling goes off in a snit. "That one will cause you trouble,  Prince." The unicorn Lord says in warning.

Tyler sighs, "I know, but his father is powerful in the council. There is little I can do at this time. But why was Jordan harassing you?"

"He learned enough to stay back from me, but not enough to leave me alone. His sister wants to marry you, I heard them in the garden earlier.

"Did he offend you?" Tyler is upset, he's ordered his court to treat her with more respect.

"Just more of the same really. He called me by name and all but demanded that I go on a picnic with him. When I asked him who he was he didn't answer me, no respect, so I gave him none in return."

"He called you by name and not your title?" Tyler is more than a bit angry.

"No. Is he not equal to me in rank? Is that not how it goes, those of equal rank or higher can call someone by name? Unless of course given permission like you gave me." Lisa closes her eyes as she feels Tyler near. He too nuzzles her hair and then her neck.

"Yes, that is how it goes. There are none living equal in rank to you and only I am higher. Any one else should call you by your title. 

"I actually have another meeting to get to, but I was hoping you'd join me for dinner tonight? We can meet in the glass room and go in together to eat?" Tyler asks hopefully, all but pleading for her to accept.

"Sounds good, I'll see you then?" Lisa says in disappointment as Tyler gives her another quick hug and then leaves her.

"Tell me, Lady Lisa, are you making a match with the Prince?" Lord Beauty asks once the prince leaves.

"I don't know. He told me he's not really interested in the other court women, but I'm not sure he's interested in anything as permanent as marriage with me either." Lisa replies honestly, she feels more comfortable talking to the Unicorn Lord than anyone other then Tyler.

"You would make him a good queen Lady Lisa. It would be advantageous to you both."

"How do you figure that? I can see how it would be advantageous to me, but not him."

"Do you not? You are the hero of the war, almost as big a symbol of hope as the miraculous restoration of the palace the other week. Whoever gains your approval will gain great prestige with the people. Don't get me wrong, the people still look very favorably on the Prince, but should he make a match with you it will be far better for him."

Lisa stares at the Unicorn in shocked disbelief. "Is his throne in danger?" Lisa wouldn't want that for him.

"No, like I said the people are still solidly behind him. But they are a bit nervous that he's not married and there's no heir should something happen to him." Lisa hears that there's more meaning than he's saying.