13

"Lisa," the Prince knocks on her door. "Let me in please?" He can't help the pleading note that enters his voice.

Sandra opens the door letting in the prince and slipping out herself. There are traces of tears on her face as she leaves.

Tyler enters the room and finds a furiously packing Lisa. "Lisa, please don't do this. I need you."

"I told you before Tyler, you don't need me. After tonight there is no way in hell I believe you need me. Can I take this or is it only on loan?" Lisa asks as she gestures at the clothes she's packing. She hadn't thought earlier that they might not actually be hers.

"They are yours. Everything in this room is yours. This room will remain assigned to you here in the palace until such time as you marry." Tyler goes over to her and stops her furious packing.

"Please Lisa, listen to me?" There is no doubt that he's pleading now.

Lisa stops what she is doing and looks at him. "I have always valued the honesty in our relationship. Except of course that you are the fucking elf prince and I'm just a human nobody. I don't hold it against you, I wouldn't have believed you if you had told me. But what happened earlier? That Prince, I do hold against you, that was cruel and harsh. If you don't want my company I don't understand why you ask for it.

"If you can't or won't send me back to Earth then I want to go to my estate. I'm leaving in the morning but I need directions."

"I'll have a contingent of guards ready to go for protection on your journey and they will remain with you. They will be your personal guard, Lisa.

"Will Sandra be going with you or will I need to assign another to go with you?" Tyler asks with a heavy heart.

"Sandra has requested and I have granted that she remain here with her boyfriend. I don't need a contingent of guards. It's not like you have much that will attack me here." Lisa is dismissive of his worry.

"Perhaps, perhaps not. They will take you to my estate while the manor at yours is repaired and made habitable. What time did you want to leave tomorrow?" Tyler is broken, he doesn't want Lisa to leave but he can't force her to stay. Well he could but that would cause even more problems and trouble.

"Lisa, I realize you are set on this course and I won't stop you. I just want you to know, I despise and loathe Lady Sour. I made a mistake, I came within twenty-five feet of her. She too is a sorceress, no where near your caliber though. Her specialty is illusion. If she is within twenty-five feet she can force you to see what she wishes you to see. She made herself seem to be you, she came to the glass room and kissed me shortly before you arrived. It was your voice that shattered the illusion and allowed the red flags voice loud enough for me to hear.

"I know this won't fix things between us, but I hope it will at least start mending things.

"What time did you wish to leave in the morning?" Tyler finishes, shoulders slumped in defeat.

"Right after breakfast I'll be saying my goodbyes to Lord Beauty and he'll introduce me to my mount. I'll be leaving right after that," Lisa whispers.

"You have been granted a mount by the Lord of the Unicorns? You do have his favor. There is only one other to have that favor." Lisa knows that person is Tyler himself.

"Well I'll leave so that you can finish getting ready." Tyler lets his shoulders droop in defeat.

"Ty wait," Lisa sighs, "I don't hate you. I just can't stay here any longer. I  just don't belong. You say that the people adore me, but yet all I receive here is disrespect. I don't blame you for what happened with the Lady whatsherface."