A Human in the I Taskforce?! I don't think so - 10

I sat alone while the taskforce cleared the rest of the mission up, the only time I communicated with them was to mentally tell Matt to leave without me. I watched the limo drive away, but when Nick looked out the window I was quick to drop my eyes.

I couldn't deal with this right now, it was just too stressful. If immortals could go grey and wrinkle, I would look ninety by now.

As much as I wanted to, I knew I couldn't stay up here forever. It was getting cold too. Damn it how am I going to get back to the mansion? I didn't really want to go back there, but what choice did I have? I could hardly rent a motel room and stay here... Could I? No. Damn it I'm just being stupid now.

I stood up and jumped down from the roof elegantly. Luckily for me, there was still one special forces police van in front of the warehouse. It was just about to leave. I ran towards it, waving my hands for it to wait. The guy in uniform in the front waved back and waited as I climbed into the back.

I froze.

Azel... and his men... they were all sitting there, in uniform. The bodies of the real officers were piled in the back. Oh Lord... I spun, my heart hammering. I tried to make a run for it, but the wolves were just too fast. I was grabbed around the waist and hauled back into the van. Before I could react, a dull pain erupted from the back of my neck and I fell into unconsciousness.

NICK POV

I was still trying to get over the look on Victoria's face. That look she had on when we were leaving. She looked like she was going to jump off the building there and then. Not that that would have killed her, but the intent was clear. She was desperate to go back. I mean, I want to go back too, it's home, but I don't think Vi knows how badly she wants to go back there.

Hell gossip is terrible, probably worse than humans, so I know the rumors of what happened to her down there. It isn't a nice story. Supposedly she turned down Satan's son, not a good way to go. He had her sent to the Sins, and there isn't much in way of torture that's worse than that. It hurt my chest thinking of her going through that. They tore her apart, literally and figuratively, then she ran away to this hell hole and they set hunters on her.

God Victoria... how much have you gone through? I only know the rumors and basic story, I don't know it all, and I'm not sure I want to know. But despite that they did all that to her, she wants to go back? How could she want that? Maybe the reason she's so desperate to go back is in the parts of the story I didn't hear.

This stupid mission must have really thrown her feelings at her hard, making her remember so much about everything. I was still in shock that Aym was on earth at all. Royals weren't allowed to leave hell, and Aym was as royal as it got. My prince, Prince Aym, 3rd in line to the Fallen Angel Throne. How did he even get here?

A twinge hit my senses. We were only about a few minutes from the warehouse and it was from back there that the twinge was coming from. Then I knew.

"Victoria's in trouble," I said sharply. Everyone turned around, surprised. I didn't know how I knew, but I knew. "Turn around. Now."

VICTORIA POV

My head hurt. I didn't remember much after I jumped flew up to the roof... no wait. Oh damn it I was kidnapped. We should have known better than to leave Azel and his gang with humans. Stupid, stupid. I didn't open my eyes at first, I just listened. People talking in the next room, Azel's people, and a scratching sound to my left along with breathing. There was someone writing and breathing next to me, the only other person in the room besides me. This should be too hard.

Slowly, I opened my eyes. I was in a huge room, another warehouse. Great. I wasn't tied down or anything, so I sat up. I'd been lying on the ground with a pillow under my head. It was Azel that was sitting beside me, in an armchair, watching me and scribbling something onto a notepad.