Hospitals Make me Uncomfortable

"hi I'm doctor Mars, I'm calling from Dallas General Hospital. there's been an accident." a strange voice said on the phone.

"a Miss. Alexandra  Benning was in a car crash a few hours ago. we were unable to contact her boyfriend but she listed you as her secondary contact."

"is she okay, what happened, how bad is it?" I began rambling off question faster than I could think as Jamie and Tyler stared at me from the front seats. 

"Ma'am you need to calm down so I can explain what happened. Can you do that?"

I nodded my head forgetting he couldn't see me 

"yes."    

"she was driving to her house when a drunk driver t-boned her car. her car then spun and hit a traffic pole. she has a level 2 concussion and a broken arm as well as some minor cuts and bruises but other than that she seems to be okay. "

"what about her baby is the baby okay?"

"the stress sent her into premature labour but we were able to stop it. she'll have to be on bed rest for the next few months until we can safely deliver the baby which means she'll have to stay in the hospital."

"but she'll be okay that's all that matters."

"yes how soon an you get to the hospital it would really help if someone was here with her."

"I'm in St. Louis but I'll be on the next flight back."   

with that I hung up the phone and looked at Jamie. he looked like his heart was about to break.

"she's going to be okay and your baby is fine but she's going to be on bed rest in the hospital until the delivery. I'll stay with her while you're on the road and everything will be fine."

"I have t get back I have to stay with her. I'm going to talk to coach on the plane and then I'll stay with her until she can go back home." Jamie said "let's just drive to the airport."

once we got to the airport Jamie Tyler and I went to find coach and explain everything. on the plane coach briefed the team and coaching staff.

when we landed Jamie and I drove straight to the hospital while Tyler got our bags and drove home and dropped everything off before he joined us at the hospital.

when we walked in Ally looked up at us from the bed. she had some stiches in he forehead and a few bandages as well as the cast.

"took you guys long enough!" Ally said laughing

Jamie walked over and held her good hand. we spent the rest of the night with her before the doctors kicked everyone but Jamie out.

**********6 weeks later**************

"I don't know I'm kinda gonna miss my cast. it looked like a had a half sleeve just like you guys."

Jamie and I had coloured her cast while she laid in the bed. it was something that kept her entertained. she was going stir crazy in the hospital and I knew Jamie was missing being on the road with the team. he was still able to play the home games since a nurse or doctor would stay with her while he was at the game.

I was still traveling with the team since I was being trained to take over the head trainer position. when I wasn't traveling I stayed at the hospital to give Jamie a break.

there was only a little longer until Ally was due to give birth and everyone was anxious to have her out of the hospital

***********************3 months later**************************

"okay Miss Benning today is the day that we induce you. so are you ready to have a baby?"

ally nodded her head. 

luckily the stars had a three day break so Jamie and I were able to be here for the delivery.

*********************12 hours later*******************************

"ow ow ow ow ow !!!!" Ally was screaming through one of her contractions.

Jamie looked terrified and helpless. while it felt like my hand was going to break from her squeezing it so hard.

Tyler and a few of the wives/ girlfriends were waiting out in the lobby for any news.

the door opened and the doctor came in to check her progress.

"well Ma'am it appears that it's time to push."

after about ten minutes there was a cry from the baby. the doctor cleaned up the baby and wrapped it into a blanket before handing to ally.

"congratulations you have a beautiful baby boy." the doctor said.

I left the room to give them some time and to let everyone know how the baby was.

the next morning Tyler and I went to visit them into the hospital.

"we brought food." Tyler said as we walked into the hospital room. he put the donuts and coffee down on the table

"while you guys are here we actually have a question we'd like to ask you." Jamie said as he went to sit on the bed with ally and their baby. "would you be hunter's godparents?"

"Hunter, you guys named him Hunter?"

I went over and picked him up from Ally. I was making goofy faces at him with Tyler.

"you two will make really good parents." one of the nurses said when she walked into the room.

"oh well.."

"yeah we aren't"

"kids aren't you know."

Tyler and I both stuttered. the nurse looked at us for a second before checking Ally and the baby.

once she left ally and Jamie were looking at Tyler and I.

"well are you guys going to be his godparents or do we have to ask someone else?"

"no, of course we will." Tyler said putting his arms around my waist. after an hour Tyler and I left.

we were laying on the couch watching t.v when Tyler turned to me and asked

"have you thought about us having kids?"

"what you mean like now?"

"well not now but later, do you see us having kids."

"one day yeah were going to be a family,"

Hey guys,

the chapter is finally up. I hope you all enjoy it let me know what you think.

much love

~Del