2. Stay?

it had been two years since I moved to Plymouth. after a few months of being here my anger began to lessen and I started to make friends at my new school and I joined the girl's hockey team but things were never really the same. I didn't enjoy playing as much and I was never as close to my new friends. 

my mom always worried saying I didn't smile as much and I always seemed down. I brushed it off but deep down I knew it was true.

it seemed to change once I met Quinn. he played for the school's hockey team and I met him after one of their games and we got along really well. he had a reputation around the school as a player but I never was one to listen to rumors and after a couple of weeks of hanging out he asked me on a date and since then we had been dating. like any couple we had our fights.

he got jealous when I hung around some of my guy friends but we always worked it out and soon it would be our 6 month anniversary.  we were walking home together from school early since he had convinced me to skip last period so we could have some time alone before my parents got home from work.

I unlocked the door and he followed me in. I took off my shoes before he had me pressed up against a wall kissing me.

"come on lets go up to your room." he pleaded as he tugged on my arm

"Quinn I already told you I'm not ready for that." I said trying to tug my arm away.

"come on it's been six months how much longer am I going to have to wait for you?" he said getting frustrated.

I was about to open my mouth but I heard a familiar voice

"I suggest you listen to the girl."

"who the fuck are you?" Quinn asked looking up at the guy on the stairs. before he could answer I yelled

"Tyler!" as I ran up the stairs into his arms. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he held my thighs to support me. after a few moments I unravelled myself from him and pulled him down the stairs to an angry looking Quinn.

"Quinn this is my best friend Tyler." I said with a huge smile.

it quickly disappeared when Quinn scowled at Tyler before saying

"whatever I don't have time for this I'll see you after the game tonight alright?"

I nodded before he stormed out of the house slamming the door behind him. I shook off his bad mood as nerves for the game tonight and instead turned my attention to Tyler

"what are you doing here?"

"I guess you haven't heard I was drafted into the OHL by the Plymouth Whalers. since I needed a billet family and you lived here I though who better, so I gave your parents a call and they agreed to the plan so surprise I'm your new housemate." he said

"ah this is the best surprise ever." I said hugging him again "now let me help you un-pack."

he obliged before dragging me up to his room to unpack all his clothes and other possessions. we were working in silence until Tyler spoke up  

"so was that your boyfriend down there?"

"yeah he isn't usually that bad he just gets a little annoyed when I hang around other guys." I said feeling defensive.

***********TYLER'S P.O.V      

 "yeah he isn't usually that bad he just gets a little annoyed when I hang around other guys." she said sounding defensive.

that statement crushed me I had always had feelings for Eli and I was going to ask her out before she moved and I thought this might have been my chance moving back with her but I was wrong I had waited too long and now she was dating some asshole and there was nothing I could do to stop her.

"oh that's a little weird how will he take us living together?" I asked

"he'll be fine once I explain we're just friends." she said sending another dagger through my chest. I hid it well smiling  before asking

"so what game were you two talking about earlier?"

"oh it's his hockey game. he's the captain of the team and I go to all their games, you know for moral support." she said

I nodded in understanding. not long after we finished unpacking we heard the door open signaling her parents were home. she dragged me down the stairs before thanking her parents non-stop. her parents laughed glad to have their happy daughter back. they informed us they were going to visit her grandparents in Detroit and would be gone for the weekend, and they would be leaving food money on the fridge.

soon after they grabbed their bags and left leaving the old pick-up truck for Eli since she had gotten her licence a few months back. she came down wearing a jersey with the number 13 on it and it had Jackson written on the back. I put two and two together and realised it was her boyfriend's, another shot to the heart.

we walked out to her truck together and made the short drive to the rink. over all it was a boring game, the play was mediocre at best I knew I could have easily outplayed her boyfriend but I kept my mouth shut simply nodding whenever she talked about how good he was.

I made a note to have her come watch my game and show her what real hockey was.

after the game she dragged me down to wait outside the dressing room. Quinn was one of the last ones out and he imeadiatly glared at me before going over to Eli and pulling her into a kiss that lasted longer then it had to. I knew he was trying to prove a point to me and it came in loud and clear.

I cleared my throat before suggesting we should head back to the house. Quinn said goodbye before going on his separate way.

we were half way to through the parking lot when Elizabeth stopped dead in her tracks her keys dropping onto the ash vault. I followed her gaze to find Quinn pressed up against a tree with some other girl. I pulled her into my chest picking up her keys and walking her over to her car. I sat her down before telling her to stay there.

once I shut the door I walked over to where he was standing still locking lips with the mystery girl. I tapped her on the shoulder and asked her to give us a moment. she walked away to talk to a friend while Quinn stood there with a smirk.

"look she wasn't putting out so I had to find someone who would." Quinn said "you understand right?"

  "actually I don't you just screwed over the most amazing girl on this planet and now she's sitting in her car crying because some asshole decided to cheat." I said my anger rising

"whatever i'll apologize and we'll get back together." he said shrugging it off.

I lost it and grabbed the collar of his shirt and punched him square in the jaw before leaning in and whispering "if you so much as breath in the same room as her I'll do so much worse."

I dropped his collar and walked back to the truck. I slid Eli over and got in the driver's seat and drove her home. letting her cry on my shoulder.

once we arrived at her house I unlocked the door and carried her up to her room taking off her boots and laying her in bed. I stood up to leave but she grabbed my wrist and whispered

"stay?"