1.moving day

I was sitting on the steps of my home in Toronto as I watched the moving van being loaded up. I sat beside Tyler crying onto his shoulder. I had always called Toronto home but when my dad got a promotion to run the Plymouth  office he immediately packed up the family and decided to relocate us.

I had know Tyler since I was 3 and my family moved into the house beside them. Tyler and I were the same age so our mothers thought it would be a good idea to have us play together but it was really just an excuse for them to hang out with each other. non the less Tyler and I became inseparable.  

we were 14 now and just about to start high school together when my dad got the job offer. I wished for time to stop so I could stay here with Ty forever but too soon I heard my mom yell

"Liz it's time to go."

Tyler got up first and then helped me up off of the step. we walked over to the truck where Paul, Jackie, Cassidy and Candace stood. I hugged his family goodbye holding back my tears until I reached Tyler. as soon as his arms were around my waist it was like Niagara Falls. he tried to calm me down

"i'll come visit and you can come stay with us, I promise i'll call or text everyday, just don't cry Eli, come on don't cry." he said using his nickname for me. I buried my face into his shirt.   

"promise?" I asked as I tried to composed myself

"promise, now go or you'll never make it before tomorrow night." he said

I listened to him and crawled into the passenger seat of our van with my mom while my dad got in the moving van.

we pulled out of our driveway and I started crying again as I held his number 9 with Tyler written in cursive  necklace he gave to me for my birthday.

memories of us sneaking into each other's rooms when we got in trouble with our parents or I had a nightmare. Tyler and I had always been best friends, we played hockey together and were practically inseparable until now though I guess.

we arrived at the house the next night having driven for over 24 hours straight. when we pulled up I saw the house was slightly larger then our one back in Brampton.

"there are two extra rooms here one is going to be your dad's office but I thought we could make the other one a guest room for when Ty came to visit." she said in an overly happy tone which only made me more upset.

"so what you think having a guest room is going to make this all better?" I asked my voice getting louder "well it's not, you took me away from my best friend so sorry if I'm not jumping up and down with joy. "

she seemed shocked by my outburst and my dad opened his mouth to scold me but I cut him off

"just leave me the hell alone." I said before storming into my room.

that night I cried myself to sleep. but before my eyes closed I sent Ty a message

I miss you :( - Eli

closing my eyes and drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

Author's note

Hi to anyone reading this, I want to thank you it means a lot. if you like it vote or comment I always appreciate it. I hope to be able to update often but I can never guarantee it. much thanks

~Del