Fresh Meat

a few weeks had passed and we were now mid season. the boys had a week road trip coming up and I wasn't sure if I was going with them or not since we had some injuries on the team but before I could think about leaving I had to look to interview interns for the medical staff.

interviews started at 9 in the morning and it was  already 7:30 so I quickly got out of bed and showered drying my hair before throwing on my Dallas stars hoodie, a pair of kakis. I quickly did my make-up before checking the time to see I only had a half hour to get to the rink. I ran out grabbing my bag from the kitchen seeing Tyler cooking over the stove.

"hey I made breakfast for us." Tyler said. I felt terrible thinking of the trouble he went through to help make it but I was already running late.

"I can't to day babe I'm already running late but I'll see you around the rink this afternoon okay." I said pecking his cheek before rushing out the door. I hoped into my blue Jeep wrangler and drove to the rink

when I walked in I dropped my bag off at my desk before walking out into one of the conference rooms where all the applicants were sitting.  when I walked in their eyes fell onto mine. I scanned the room before saying

"thank you all for coming today. today we will be conducting interviews for the intern positions. we have 4 openings available. I'll be interviewing you one on one today and then my team and I will discuss who we feel will bring the most to the star organization if you get the position you will know by tomorrow night's game. you will begin the internship after the team returns from the road trip in two weeks. are there any questions?"

after a moment of silence I called the first applicant into the room next door. I asked all the same questions each time I went non-stop until 1. I went down to the desk with the resumes that I wanted to take a look at again. I had it narrowed down to 8 applicants when there was a knock on my door.

it opened and Tyler walked in holding a bag and tray of drinks.

"I thought you might need food since nobody's seen you leave the board rooms all day. " he said placing the bag and tray onto the desk "I got Panera Bread I hope that's okay."

seeing the food placed on the desk caused my stomach to grumble which made Tyler laugh. I quickly opened one of the containers and began eating while Tyler dug into his own. about half way through eating Jordie walked into my office

"hey Eli have you decided on who the fresh meet is go..." he stopped short seeing Tyler sitting across the desk from me. " sorry I didn't mean to interrupt this lunch date."

"it's fine but no I haven't decided who the newest interns will be but don't torture them too much." I said and with that Jordie walked out to catch up with some of the guys. Tyler just rolled his eyes before continuing to eat.

"thanks for bringing me lunch by the way." I said

he nodded and smiled before saying " so are you coming home with me when I leave?"

" I can't I have to cut this list in half and then make the phone calls." I said letting out an exhausted sigh.

"come on Eli you've been working all day and you still have to be behind the bench tomorrow. you can narrow it down back home where we can lay in bed and you can make them sweat a little and wait to call them tomorrow." he said giving me puppy dog eyes.

"fine but I have to be back here early to go over my final decision with Steve."

"deal."

we walked out of my office and into the parking lot hand in hand before getting in our separate cars to drive home.

when I got to the apartment Tyler was waiting beside my parking spot for me to get out. once I parked my car Tyler opened my door and helped out before walking me up to the apartment.

once we got up I changed into pyjama shorts and one of Tyler's shirts and hopped into bed with Tyler. he quickly fell asleep while I finalized the list. I ended up choosing two boys and two girls so it was even. I was happy with my choices and now they just had to be cleared by Steve.

THE NEXT DAY

Steve had approved the decisions and also confirmed I would be joining the boys on their east coast road trip.

I was now in my office making the phone calls. the interns were coming in today to get a tour before I left on the road trip since they were coming in while I was gone to work on some of the injured players.

they all met me at the front doors and I began with the tour showing them the head offices then the trainers room and the trainers offices. I took them out to the benches and showed them the supply closet where extra medical supplies were stored then I took them through the dressing which was unoccupied at the time since the guys were working on conditioning.

I finished off showing them the conditioning room where all the guys were.

when we walked in I cleared my throat to get everyone's attention before introducing the interns to the guys. Tyler sent me a wink but Claire one of the interns must have interpreted it for her since she let out a little squeal and turned to Jessica, the other intern and said

"Tyler Seguin just winked at me! I think he might like me, isn't he so hot."

Jessica quickly nodded but stopped when I sent a stern look toward them. Tyler walked over to me and whispered in my ear

"is someone a little jealous of the intern?"

"you wish." I muttered rolling my eyes

" I think you are." he said as he slipped his hand in my shirt to rest on the skin of my hip. " but you don't have to be you've got me locked down."

I looked around to make sure nobody was watching before saying

"I'm going on the road trip this week and I was thinking maybe it would be a good time to tell our parents about us." I held onto his arms while he nodded his head before we walked out.

after we told our parents everyone would know and there would be no hiding it.

Author's Note

again i'm sorry it's been over a month since I updated. I had exams then I was home for the holidays. I have also been plagued with writers block but I wanted to get a chapter up before I went back to school. I would also like to say a huge thanks to @colossal_cateyes for all of her comments that have made me laugh they're what gave me motivation to  write this chapterso it's for you. I know its a filler but I have a few things i'm thinking of for this story in the future.

thank-you all for your support and I hope you had a great holiday season!!

~Del